Friday 3 April 2009

Zombie Queen of Newbury High - Amanda Ashby

Zombie Queen of Newbury High - Amanda Ashby

Pages: 199
Publisher: Speak
Release Date: 5th March 2009

Other Titles By This Author: You Had Me At Halo

A prom night Mia will never forget…

Quiet, unpopular, non-cheerleading Mia is blissfully happy. Rob - super hot football god - has asked her to prom! Life couldn’t get any better. Enter Samantha - cheerleader queen and Miss Popularity - who has made it quite clear that Rob should be her prom date. Mia is desperate to make sure she doesn’t end up dumped in front of the whole school. So with prom in just a few days, she turns to Candice - her holistic, hypochondriac best friend - and decides to try a love spell to make Rob stay with her.

Unfortunately, she ends up inflicting a zombie virus on her whole class instead, and she is their zombie leader! At first, she loves all the attention. But when she learns from zombie hunter hottie Chase that her classmates will actually try to eat her in a few days, she’s not too thrilled. She’s sure she and Chase can figure something out, but in the meantime, she’s suggesting that no one wear white to prom, because things could get very messy.

This was such a fun book. I loved all of the characters, especially Candice. She was so funny and very theatrical. Really funny to read about though I don't know whether I'd be able to spend every day with her without killing her!

For such a short book, the plot and characters were well developed and it was so easy to read. It only took me two hours! I figured I should start my Easter holidays as I mean to go on and I'm glad I started it with this one. Two whole weeks to read as much as I like! Fun, fun!

Sophie

5 comments:

  1. Also glad you enjoyed this one, it's a very fun book :)

    And your Easter holidays sound brilliant... which books do you plan to read? I'm reading City of Glass at the moment, just wish I could read it all day instead of having to go to work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny - I'm going to read all of the books I haven't got round to yet that are in my TBR pile. Though I'd much prefer to read City of Glass. Is it amazing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I loved this one too - it had me giggling all the way through!

    Happy Easter holidays and happy reading! Looking forward to all the reviews. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, CoG is amazing! You will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to read this one.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!