Friday 3 April 2009

Don't Ask - Hilary Freeman

Don't Ask - Hilary Freeman

Pages: 213
Publisher: Piccadilly Press Ltd.
Release Date: 27th March 2009

Other Titles By This Author: Loving Danny

Lily believes her boyfriend Jack is perfect, but wonders why he won’t talk about his past. Wouldn’t it be fantastic, she thinks, if she could talk to his ex and fill in all the gaps?

Lily devises a way to do just that. But what begins as a bit of fun has unexpected - and disturbing - consequences…

Don't Ask is a story about love, friendship and secrets. Sometimes it’s better not to ask too many questions.

Hilary Freeman's second novel is a lovely blend of witty humour and serious issues that is really well-written.

Every character, even the minor ones, were real and well-developed. Hilary didn't shy away from serious issues and they were handled with care and subtlety. It wasn't heavy with the issues though. Lily and Katie shared hilarious conversations with brilliant one liners that had me giggling out loud.

I also loved the way that Hilary's previous novel Loving Danny was referenced by talking about Danny's band The Wonderfulls. It was a really great read that I highly recommend along with Loving Danny.

Sophie

5 comments:

  1. I agree! I loved this book, and one of my favourite things about it was the blend of humour and seriousness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think i would like to read this, and Loving Danny was so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I read "Loving Danny" ( Near the end of the book) I literally cried!! I felt like I was Naomi (The character that falls in love with Danny) This book was the best I have ever read and i would definately read it again!! Although I have never read this book I'm pausitive it's absoloutely BRILLIANT

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!