Wednesday 8 April 2009

I Heart You, You Haunt Me - Lisa Schroeder

I Heart You, You Haunt Me - Lisa Schroeder

Pages: 226
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Release Date: 1st January 2008

Other Titles By This Author: Far From You

Girl meets boy.
Girl loses boy.
Girl gets boy back…
…sort of.

Ava can’t see or touch him,
unless she’s dreaming.
She can’t hear his voice,
except for the faint whispers in her mind.
Most would think she’s crazy,
but she knows he’s here.

Jackson.
The boy Ava thought she’d spend the rest of her life with.
He’s back from the dead,
as proof that love truly knows no bounds.

This is definitely the best verse novel that I've ever read. Though I have only read about three!

I loved the slow unveiling of what happened the day Jackson died and it was written beautifully. It was appropriately poetic and the words had a flow that carried me through the story.

The thing that I don't like about verse novels is that I feel that the character's aren't fully developed and I can't get to know them as well as I would like. For me, that happened in I Heart You, You Haunt Me. But saying that, I'm definitely going to read Far From You when it's released in paperback.

Sophie

3 comments:

  1. I loved this book and I'm looking forward to Far From You too.

    Have you read any books by Sonya Sones? I love her verse novels so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book too. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the title. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!