Saturday 11 April 2009

In Your Room - Jordanna Fraiberg

In Your Room - Jordanna Fraiberg

Pages: 203
Publisher: Razorbill Books
Release Date: 16th October 2008

From: Molly
To: Celeste
Date: June 14, 2008 10:33pm
Subject: yoda-is that you?!

Celeste -FINALLY arrived. I’m sleeping in some boy’s room. Three words: STAR WARS SHEETS!!! HELP!! Can you send me mine (the white with the lilac trim)? And while you’re at my house find out is the boy staying in my room is cute or a crazy sci-fi freak. I want details!!!- XOXO Molls

When their families randomly switch houses for the summer, retro-chic LA fashionista Molly Hill and laidback granola boy Charlie Richards find themselves living in totally unfamiliar rooms for two long hot months. Soon they become entwined in each other’s secrets, relationships and dreams. Day by day, they grow closer…even though they’re living 1,000 miles apart and have never met face-to-face.
Can perfect strangers be perfect for each other?

Will Molly and Charlie make it through a summer of seductions, missed connections and the thousand miles between them to find out?

This book was so cute. It was light and fun, a real easy summer read.

Jordanna Fraiberg's writing was easy to slip into and connect with the characters. I really liked the emails and IM conversations in the novel. They allowed a direct connection with Molly and Charlie that is sometimes hard to get, even in first person narration.

For some odd reason, reading this made me want to go to Colorado to see what Molly and Charlie were describing, even though I've never felt the need to go there before! It just sounded really pretty and you can tell that Jordanna Fraiberg really loves Colorado and being outside from the way that she wrote about it.

This was a really fun book and I'm looking forward to reading other books by her.

Sophie

6 comments:

  1. I also thought this was a cute read, I liked how it was so innocent.
    oh, and I just noticed your name was sophie! That's my cats name:-D Lol
    -amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds great! Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, it does sound good! Hmm, might have to get this one. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hAH! That's funny:-D Though my real name isn't Amy. I just fancy it.
    I don't know when Runaway will be out, probably sometime in 2010? It would be so awesome If she'd write a new book every month. Sadly, that's not the case :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute book and I think the premise is just too much fun! Great review.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!