Wednesday 29 April 2009

Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress - Tina Ferraro

Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress - Tina Ferraro

Pages: 223
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Release Date: 13th March 2007

Other Titles by this Author: How to Hook a Hottie (my review), The ABC’s of Kissing Boys (my review)

Sophomore year, Nicolette Antonovich was dumped two days before prom by the hottest guy at school - Rod “Rascal” Pasqual. As a result, she became the proud owner of one unworn, perfectly magical pink vintage dress. And she got to stare at it all evening long as a reminder.

But Nic is determined to put that night behind her for good. She’s a junior now - older, wiser, and completely over-whelmed by a new set of problems: 1. The bank’s ready to foreclose her childhood home. 2. Her father’s too busy with his “replacement” daughter to care. 3. Her best friend’s brother is an eternal thorn in her side. 4. Her best friend isn’t exactly the rose attached to that thorn in her side. 5. Rumours are flying around school that could get her kicked off the volleyball team, which would 6. Ruin all chances of a college scholarship. 7. She still likes the guy who dumped her in the first place. And 8. What in the world do you do with an unworn prom dress, anyway?

Strangely, it’s getting to the bottom of this last dilemma that just might hold the answer to all Nic’s problems.

Tina Ferraro’s books are cute and fun with fantastic titles. I love them!

One of the things that I enjoyed about Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress was the mention of two of my favourite films; Bring It On and Pirates of the Caribbean (gotta love Johnny Depp!). Nic has good taste!

I also understand Nic’s connection to her prom dress. Mine is still on the back of my bedroom door even though I got to wear it to my year 11 prom last June. I can’t bear to get rid of it. It’s important to me as it holds precious memories so everything that Nic felt about The Dress I understood which allowed me to really connect with her.

The way that Tina Ferraro included Nic’s feelings about her parents divorce and her half-sister also helped me to connect with her as I knew exactly where she was coming from. They were real feelings and subtle in the way that Nic kept them to herself that made the situation very true to life.

I would definitely recommend this along with Tina’s other two books for anyone who wants a light and charming read.

Sophie

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, I think I'd love this! Thanks for a great review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review. I've never read any of Tina Ferraro's book. I may have a look at my library :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the review, Sophie. I am ordering this this week. Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only read The ABC's, but I'm definitely going to have to get her other books. They all sound brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read this book a long time ago and I thought it was adorable... why didn't you give more detail about her best friend's brother? He's a pretty interesting character. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!