Thursday 13 March 2014

It's all so positive!


Long time readers of my blog will probably know by now that I review every book that I read. It doesn’t matter if I love it, like it, or even dislike it, I’ll review it honestly. But lately you may have noticed that all of my reviews have been positive. If you did notice, I hope you didn’t think I’d turn into a suck-up to the authors or the publishers or anything! I’ve just changed the way I read.

My life has changed drastically in the last few months. I’ve found myself having a stressful full-time job and coming home having to make dinner and do stuff around the house as well as keeping up with the blog, usually in a foul mood, actually. Reading something I’m not fully involved in doesn’t work for me anymore.

I’ve taught myself to only read the books I want to read. If I’m not enjoying something then I’m putting it down. That’s happened six times so far this year. I’m planning to keep highlighting these books every so often with a brief review of the things I liked and the things that made me put it down.

So there you go. I haven’t become a brown-noser; I’ve just become a little more picky. Expect to see mostly positive reviews on the blog for the time being! If I get my life back at any point, it might change, but can’t really see me going back on it!

Sophie

4 comments:

  1. I used to read everything too, but because of busier days and schedules, I do feel like I have gotten a lot pickier. I don't think it's a bad thing, I think it's a nice change! It really makes you appreciate what you read :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that’s the best path to take. I used to read everything… and even when a book wasn’t doing much for me, I would still finish it. Now I’ve decided that there are too many books out there for me to ‘waste time’ with reads that, for some reason, are not appealing to me at the moment. It doesn’t mean that I won’t give it another try, it’s just means that I need to spend my precious time reading something that I enjoy. So, yeah, do not worry about how positive or not positive your reviews are. People who love reading from you will continue to read from you whether you post positive or negative reviews! =D

    Patricia @ The Book Spine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do the same - there are so many good books out there, there's no point in reading and reviewing one you're not enjoying. Reading time is precious :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'usually in a foul mood, actually' made me laugh! Man, I can relate to that. Hope things improve for you :) At least you're an excellent judge of good books!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!