Monday 25 November 2013

Daylighters: The Morganville Vampires - Rachel Caine


Pages: 446
Publisher: Allison and Busby
Release Date: 5th November 2013
Edition: UK paperback, purchased copy


Something drastic has happened in Morganville while Claire Danvers and her friends were away. The town looks cleaner and happier than they’ve ever seen it before, but when their incoming group is arrested and separated – vampires from humans 0 they realise that the changes definitely aren’t for the better.

It seems that an organisation called the Daylight Foundation has offered the population of Morganville something they’ve never had: hope of a vampire-free future. And while it sounds like salvation – even for the vampires themselves – the truth is far more sinister and deadly.

Now, Claire, Shane and Eve need to find a way to break their friends out of Daylighter custody, before the vampires of Morganville meet their untimely end...

The heart-stopping finale to the number one bestselling series.

The fifteenth and final book in the epic Morganville Vampires series has finally arrived. I wanted it to go out with a bang, and boy, did it!

After the massive cliffhanger at the end of Ghost Town, leaving the future of Morganville in the balance, Daylighters had a lot to sort out to end this series with everything wrapped up. I really should know by now that it’ll get much, much worse before it gets better for Claire and the gang. Because, wow, did things get bad. There were moments when I’d look at how much I had left of the book and marvel at the possibility of everything being resolved in time.

As the novel went on, it really began to feel like an ending. Ideas that had been thrown around by Shane and Claire over the last few books were cemented, lines were drawn, allies made and Amelie took the crown and it made me so happy, but so, so sad as well. I’ve followed these characters for such a long time and fallen so in love with them that I can’t quite get my head around the fact that there won’t be any more about them! By the end of Daylighters, Morganville is on its way back to its former glory and everything is as peaceful as a town run by vampires can be. I loved the ending and I’d be happy for them to stay that way, no more death, danger or trauma, and yet, I still want more. I think there’d be more scope for this world Rachel Caine has created, even in a spin-off series. I’m just not reading to leave Morganville, Claire, Shane, Eve, Michael, Myrnin, Oliver and Amelie behind yet.

Though I didn’t read for about a week when I was halfway through Daylighters, Rachel Caine still had me on the edge of my seat with her non-stop adventure, high octane adventure and emotional intensity. A perfect ending to a perfect series.

Sophie

1 comment:

  1. So glad you liked it, I totally agree! The ending was perfect, wasn't it? So sweet and a rare happy ending in Morganville - wonder how long that will last?

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!