Monday 20 April 2009

The Dead Girls' Dance: The Morganville Vampires - Rachel Caine

The Dead Girls’ Dance: The Morganville Vampires - Rachel Caine

Pages: 368
Publisher: Allison and Busby
Release Date: 4th July 2008

Other Titles in the Series: Glass Houses (my review), Midnight Alley, Feast of Fools, Lord of Misrule (10/07/09)

Good news, girls: your dates are here!

Claire Danvers has had her fair share of challenges - like being a genius in a school that favours beauty, dealing with the homicidal girls in her dorm and, above all, finding out that her college town is overrun with bloodsucking fiends. On the plus side, so far Claire and her friendship have managed to survive getting on the wrong side of some Morganville VIPs - Vampire Important Persons. But their temporary peace is in danger of collapsing, thanks to the arrival of her new boyfriend’s scary father and his vampire-fighting supporters.

Bad news, girls: they’re dead.

I love this series so much. They’re amazing.

The pace and action are relentless. There are surprises in every paragraph and every bad thing that could possibly happen to Claire, Eve, Shane and Michael does happen. Sometimes I just wanted Rachel Caine to give them a break!

The relationship and sense of protectiveness between them makes the story and the actions of the actions much more palpable. They seem to be the type of people that would die for those they love which, in my eyes, is definitely a trait worth promoting.

But Shane. I love that guy. Though I don’t think I’ve ever read about a character who gets hurt or into more trouble than he does! But he’s sweet and funny so I’ll let him off this time!
And now, Midnight Alley here I come!

Sophie

5 comments:

  1. Yey - so glad you're enjoying them! I'm a Sam girl myself. :)

    I never got the Shane thing, but my friends all love him. Michael's cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got this book and the two other ones after it. I need the first one, when I get it I'll read the series.
    Glad to know it's good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thinking about reading this series. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Shane, he rocks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i might read it. it looks good

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!