Friday 8 November 2013

Faking It - Cora Carmack


Pages: 352
Publisher: Ebury Digital
Release Date: 6th June 2013
Edition: e-book, purchased

Other Titles by this Author: Losing It, Keeping Her, Finding It

Every girl likes a bad boy.

And Max’s current boyfriend is as bad as they come. She knows her family would freak if they saw his tattoos and piercings.

So when her parents turn up unannounced Max grabs the most wholesome guy she can to play her boyfriend.

But Cade Winston is so perfect that Max needs him to keep playing the part. And the more they have to fake their relationship, the harder it gets to just pretend.

I really enjoyed Faking It, though not quite as much as I did Losing It and Finding It.

This is the third book of Cora Carmack’s that I've read and I’m starting to notice quirks and style features in her books, and I can’t decide whether that’s a good thing or not. All of her heroines have a horrific, tragic secret that they hide from the world, but it’s always something that dictates their whole personality and the way they live. It’s the same with the love interests, but a little less potent. I have no problem with either of these tropes, as long as I don’t notice it outright, which I really did in Faking It.

Saying that, I loved the dynamic between Max and Cade. The connection between them was electric and I’m pretty sure I was blushing while reading on the train at some points... They were both strong, vibrant characters and I liked them a lot as separate characters as well as together. Carmack has a way of lodging her characters in your heart. And making you devour a book in a short period of time. I read it so fast that I barely made any notes, hence the incredibly short review!

I’m already looking forward to the next novella in this series, Seeking Her, and whatever she delivers next. A guilty pleasure has been born.

Sophie

1 comment:

  1. Oh I'm sorry you didn't enjoy this as much as her others. This was the 2nd I read and I think its my favourite! I do like that her books are quick fun reads though :-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!