Tuesday 2 June 2009

Lord of Misrule: The Morganville Vampires - Rachel Caine

Lord of Misrule: The Morganville Vampires - Rachel Caine

Pages: 348
Publisher: Allison and Busby
Release Date: 10th July 2009

Other Titles in the Series: Glass Houses (my review), The Dead Girls‘ Dance (my review), Midnight Alley (my review), Feast of Fools (my review)

Morganville, Texas. Just south of normal.

In the college town of Morganville, vampires and humans coexist in (relatively) bloodless harmony. Then comes Bishop, a master vampire who threatens to abolish all order, revive the forces of the evil dead, and let chaos rule.

But Bishop isn’t the only threat.

Violent black clouds promise a storm of devastating proportions. As student Claire Danvers and her friends prepare to defend Morganville against the elements - both natural and unnatural - the unexpected happens: Morganville’s vampires begin to disappear one by one. Discovering why leads Claire one last choice: swear allegiance to Bishop…or die.

Lord of Misrule is the amazing fifth instalment of The Morganville Vampires series that finished on the most evil cliff-hanger of the series so far. I can’t tell you how much I loved this book.

It was fast-paced and full of heart-pumping action that kept me on the edge of my seat. So much happened that there wasn’t even enough time to draw breath. I raced through this book and it was impossible to put down due to the utterly relentless place that gave no nature lulls where I could stop.

The guys in this series are all very different and I love them all. Shane is, well, Shane, Michael is gorgeous and fiercely protective of his friends, Sam’s love for Amelie breaks my heart and Myrnin is just so cheeky. He is very dangerous yet clever and also desperate and that gleams lots of affection from me. He’s like the slightly nutty uncle that everyone loves and humours because they don’t want to upset him.

Something that struck me more than ever in Lord of Misrule is Claire’s unyielding good nature. She helps Monica whenever she needs it even though she doesn’t want to and Monica is always so horrible to her. She trusts Myrnin and helps him regardless of the danger he poses and that he has broken her trust before. Claire also puts the lives of Shane, Michael and Eve before her own and she will do anything for them. This makes Claire a very likable heroine that I was championing all the way.

Lord of Misrule is fantastic and waiting to see what happens next in Carpe Corpus is going to cause me physical pain! Anyone who hasn’t read this series yet needs to. Right now!

Sophie

4 comments:

  1. I love your detailed and excellent reviews of this series. You make these books sound really tempting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, I'm glad you enjoyed it so much - great review! Ahh Sam... I love Sam!

    And I agree, anyone who hasn't read this series really should. It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can not wait to read that. Let me borrow it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to read this series!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!