Wednesday 25 March 2009

Glass Houses: The Morganville Vampires - Rachel Caine

Glass Houses: The Morganville Vampires - Rachel Caine

Pages: 358
Publisher: Allison and Busby
Release Date: 26th May 2008

Other Titles By This Author: The Morganville Vampires Series, Weather Warden Series

Welcome to Morganville.

Just don’t stay out after dark.

Morganville is a small college town filled with unusual characters. But when the sun goes down, the bad come out. Because in Morganville, there is an evil that lurks in the darkest shadows - one that will spill out into the bright light of day.

For Claire Danvers, high school was hell, but college may be murder. It was bad enough that she got on the wrong side of Monica, the meanest of the school’s mean girls, but now she’s got three new roommates, who all have secrets of their own. And the biggest secret of all isn’t really a secret, except from Claire: Morganville is run by vampires, and they are hungry for fresh blood…

I really enjoyed this book. I haven't read many books with vampires as the villains so this was a bit different from usual. But I loved it.

It was fast-paced and full of action all the way through. The story didn't let me put the book down for very long at all. Seriously, I started it before college, took it with me and had finished it by the time I went to bed!

The characters were great. I loved how Michael, Shane and Eve were all so different yet they were the best of friends and would do anything for each other. And the house was very cool with all it's secret rooms. My only problem was with the characterisation of Claire. To me she seemed to be a bit wishy-washy at times. One minute she'd be strong and brave and the next, cowering behind Shane and Michael. I also thought she seemed younger than sixteen at times.

Although I thought that it really didn't bother me at all after the first few chapters. I loved Glass Houses and I can't wait to get my hands on the rest of the series!

Sophie

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant review - really interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed it, I love this series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds really good. I haven't read the series but I might now. Good review!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!