Wednesday 7 October 2015

Did I Mention I Need You?, Estelle Maskame

Pages: 387
Publisher: Black and White Publishing
Release Date: 19th October 2015
Edition: UK paperback, review copy

Other Titles in this Series: Did I Mention I Love You?

It's been a year since eighteen-year-old Eden Munro last saw Tyler Bruce: her stepbrother…and her secret love. Although they called time on their forbidden relationship for the sake of their family, Eden can't help but feel excited when Tyler invites her to join him in New York City for the summer.

Anyway, Eden is happy with her boyfriend Dean, and surely Tyler has moved on too. But as they spend a long, hot summer in the excitement of the city that never sleeps, it soon becomes obvious that they aren’t over each other. But can they resist temptation?

In Did I Mention I Need You?, the second volume of Estelle Maskame’s phenomenal DIMILY trilogy, Tyler and Eden must face up to their feelings and decide what to do next. Is their love strong enough to face the challenges that lie ahead?

It took me by surprise how much I fell in love with Did I Mention I Love You? a few months back so I read Did I Mention I Need You? in one gulp the day it arrived.

It’s been two years since Eden met Tyler and the rest of her step-family and now it’s the summer before Eden goes off to university and Tyler has finished his year on tour. It's been a year since they’ve seen each other and now they have six weeks together in New York City. And the tension between them was unbelievable. Even though Eden’s with Dean, she can't help how she still feels about Tyler. I love the chemistry between them and I was championing them even harder than in DIMILY.

Tyler has changed since his and Eden’s first summer together. He's cleaned up his act and his whole attitude is much more positive but still has his spark and wicked sense of humour. I think I fell even more in love with him than I was already. I love the tension that no one knowing about the nature of Eden and Tyler’s relationship gave every moment they forget about who they are to each other. And it's definitely not smooth sailing. There’s blackmail, secrets, showdowns, epic declarations and a heartbreaking ending. I loved every page of it, even when I got shouty and wanted to through it across the room in frustration.

I gobbled this down far too quickly and I'm bereft now I have to wait for the final instalment, Did I Mention I Miss You?. Gimme!

Thank you to Black and White Publishing for the review copy.

Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!