Thursday 26 March 2015

Top 10 Most Owned Authors


After watching the video by the lovely Jen Campbell, author of Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops and The Bookshop Book, on her top ten most owned authors, I was curious to see what mine are.


Without further ado, the books:

Rachel Caine


20 Books - Having a 15-book series really does put you ahead of the game... But you know what, I’d still read more from Morganville – that world has so much to give.

Nicholas Sparks 


18 Books – What can I say, I love a good tearjerker and Sparks’ earliest works are wonderful. I’m hoping he’ll eventually be that good again...

Sarra Manning


18 Books – Long time fan of this lady and her quirky, endearing heroines and the deliciously moody boys they fall in love with. I’ve also stocked up on her adult novels for me to binge on one day.

Scott Westerfeld


 13 BooksUglies is a dystopian from before there was YA dystopian and I’ve loved his books ever since.

Richelle Mead


12 Books – No one creates worlds and mythology like this lady. She can take tired themes and tropes and make them sparkle. Soon, The Ruby Circle will be up here too.

Cassandra Clare


11 Books – So much Shadowhunter goodness! I’m so ready for a new series from her, but if they carry on being as big as they are, Imma need a new shelf...

Julie Kagawa


11 Books – Though I haven’t enjoyed any of Julie’s books as much as I did The Iron Fey, I live in hope and continue to buy each of new releases.

Sarah Dessen


11 Books – My favourite. If my life could be written by any author I would chose Sarah Dessen – THAT’S how much I love her books. And there’s a new one coming in May! *happy dance*

Maggie Stiefvater


11 Books – Another one with a new book coming out this year! The wait for The Raven King already feels too long and it’s not even out until September...

Darren Shan




10 Books – Considering how many books of his I currently own, he is one of my most recent favourites, and definitely the most recent on this list. The Zom-B series is published as a serial with a new instalment every 3-ish months and there’s only two more to go! And then I can begin collecting his epic backlist...

So there you have my top 10 most owned authors, accompanied by terrible pictures of them on my shelves. Most of them I can’t quite reach or are so firmly wedged in that I can’t get them out very easily – that’s how I’m explaining away my awful photography skills anyway...

Who are your most owned authors? Does anyone own more than 20 books by one author?

Sophie



1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful post, Sophie. I love Jen's videos. She's quickly become one of my favourite booktubers. And I did love this video. I think Sarra Manning and Maggie Stiefvater would make my list as well but I don't know who else!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!