Thursday 6 August 2015

Favourites: July 2015

Work experience
I’m having a bit of a quarter-life/existential crisis at the moment. I don’t really know what to do with my life as I can’t seem to break into what I do want to do with my life and it sent me into a bit of a tailspin. Strangely, this resulted in me spending two weeks at my old secondary school doing work experience in the English department. I really enjoyed it and I can see myself as a teacher, but do I really want to spend £9000 to qualify for a career that I only kinda want to have?

YALC
Obviously. I decided against doing a wrap-up for YALC as everyone managed to produce one immediately after it was over, but rest assured that I had a wonderful weekend. It’s always a pleasure to see my bookish friends, whether that be bloggers, authors or publishing peeps and I got a whole weekend of it! The space was incredible (so much better than last year!), the panels were excellent (I saw 9 out of the 14 I was there for) and got books signed by Kevin Brooks, Alice Oseman, Moira Fowley-Doyle and Jenny Valentine. I also bought far too many books, but we won’t talk about that… Bring on YALC 2016 is all I can say!

Garden party
Every year my auntie has a garden party where my sister and I, my cousin and his family and my auntie’s friends come over for drinks and food and music and chatting and it was so lovely! It was the first year that my cousin’s baby daughter was old enough to take part and she was running around bestowing cuddles and sticky fingered hand prints on everyone and it was lovely. We stayed out in the garden until it was dark and we were swaddled in blankets. Just lovely!

Sophie

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel on the work front but I'm sure something will click into place eventually. YALC sounds like it was awesome this year, I kind of decided I wasn't going to go after last year but might venture again next year. And the garden part sounds like it was lovely :)

    http://www.thatjessebloke.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!