If you read enough, you develop some quirks and reading rules. A signature, if you will. Here are some of mine:
- Bend the spine and you die. I bend the spine and I die.
- They must always look as if I just slid them off the shelf in Foyles.
- A selection of an author’s books must be in publication order, except when it comes to series’ that are published in a strange order – the series must always be together.
- I cannot put a book down mid-chapter unless I really, completely, absolutely have too.
- I love reading on trains and in bed, usually late into the night.
What are your reading signatures? Do you share any of mine?