You may have noticed that I’ve had quite a few blog tours in recent weeks. Every time I agree to take part and schedule the posts, I wonder: are they worth it? I’m still undecided so I thought I’d put my argument to you guys and let you make my mind up for me. now, I present The Pros and The Cons of blog tours:
- I get to host contest from authors I might not get on the blog in any other way (eg Eoin Colfer, Sarah Dessen (still not over this, by the way), Moira Young)
- Publicists are extremely clever and have some brilliant ideas for posts or tours that I’ve never think of in a million years. Do you guys remember the drawing we all did for Curtis Jobling’s debut, Wereworld: Rise of the Wolf? Brilliant.
- I get a day off of blogging! Blog tours are (usually) a completely stress and effort free day for me. I like effortless things.
- Blog tour posts tend to garner the least views and comments of all of my features.
- They can often mess with my schedule and I like my schedule.
- I have very little control over the date and content. Sometimes they’re not worth the re-shuffling you have to do!
- I hate saying no! I always feel really bad when I turn down a tour, especially if it’s someone I have a great relationship with.
Now, it looks like there are more cons to blog tours, but do the pros out-weigh them?
Do you like blog tours? Do you feel bad about turning them down? Who have you hosted on a blog tour that made you fangirl?