Monday 24 May 2010

Spirit Bound: A Vampire Academy Novel - Richelle Mead

Spirit Bound: A Vampire Academy Novel - Richelle Mead

Pages: 479
Publisher: Puffin
Release Date: 18th May 2010

Other Titles in this Series: Vampire Academy, Frostbite, Shadow Kiss, Blood Promise, Last Sacrifice (07/12/10)

Rose’s life will never be her own.

Rose Hathaway has been outrunning death ever since she swore to be the protector of her best friend, Lissa, no matter what.

She’s finally made it back to the haven of St Vladimir’s but with Dimitri, the boy she once loved, stalking her, Rose can only run so far.

She failed to kill him when she had the chance, and now her worst fears are about to come true. Dimitri has tasted her blood, and she knows in her heart that he is hunting her. And if Rose won’t join him, he won’t rest until he has silenced her…forever.

The penultimate story in Richelle Mead’s Vampire Academy series, Spirit Bound, took my breath away. I loved every word of every sentence on every page.

I’m going to warn you that this review will be pure fan-girly ramblings and is likely to be a bit choppy. I haven’t stopped thinking about it since I started it only hours after it arrived. Rose’s story has the power to enrapture me and my consume my life for the week I dragged it out over.

As always with this series, Spirit Bound is intense, fast-moving and VERY emotional. It blew my mind. The amazing range of emotions that Rose experiences throughout the novel come thick and fast and literally beat me over the head one after the other. Rose is one of my - if not my favourite - fictional heroine. She’s emotionally and physically strong, stubborn, fiercely loyal and would do anything for the people she loves. Namely Lissa and Dimitri.

Dimitri. Oh my God, Dimitri. He’s amazing and I love him. In fact, I want one very, very much, even though he frustrated me to death in Spirit Bound and freaked me out a little occasionally. He’s definitely one of my favourite fictional guys. Rose and Dimitri are actually, quite possibly, my favourite fictional couple. I really do live them, and this series, to death.

As queen of the evil cliffhanger, Richelle Mead has left me aching for the final part of Rose’s story, Last Sacrifice.

For my 2010 100+ Reading Challenge

Sophie

9 comments:

  1. Oh my!This is really intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think this is fan-girly ramblings (though I love those too!) - this is a great review. I loved reading it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree about Dimitri, love him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't dare to read this in case of spoilers. But I did want to drop in and say I just finished Book 1 and I can see why you are addicted. I'm already hooked on the Godly Dimitri.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't actually read this series yet, but your review is making me think I should go out and get the books and very soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome review! I'm so excited about this book! Hopefully I'll have it in my mailbox today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. *sigh* I can't wait till Friday when I get paid so I can buy this book!!! Eekkk ... I LOVE this series! And I agree I think Dimitri & Rose are one my fave fictional couples!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just curious what you think of Adrian. I think Dim is dreamy too. But he's lost some of his appeal, and I am leaning to Adrian.
    What would you personally (commenters too) like to see happen with him?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab review Sophie! I loved this one & am desperate to get my hands on Last Sacrifice!! Although in some ways I don't want to read it as I don't want the series to end LOL. I've added your link to my review :o)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!