Sunday 30 May 2010

In My Mailbox 65

This meme was started by the fabulous Kristi who was inspired by Alea. Check out their blogs for more information. All summaries are from the book jackets.

For review:

Blood Feud - Alxyandra Harvey

‘Conversation halted abruptly. They all turned to stare at us if we were poisonous mushrooms suddenly growing ina manicured garden. They were pale and perfect, with gleaming teeth and hard eyes.’

It’s been centuries since Isabeau St. Croix survived the French Revolution. Now she’s made her way back to the living, and must face the ultimate test by confronting the evil British lord who turned her into a vampire and left her buried for two hundred years. That’s if she can control her affection for Logan Drake, whose bite is as sweet as the revenge she seeks.

Yay! I’m so excited for this one! Thank, Bloomsbury!

The Other Girl - Sarah Miller

The glamorous and sexy second Midvale Academy novel.

Molly McGarry seems to have it all - she’s smart, she attends the prestigious Midvale Academy and she’s finally got the guy of her dreams, Gideon Rayburn. But now everything’s changing.

Molly and Gid got together in a very unusual way, when Molly mysteriously entered Gid’s mind and so could ‘guess’ exactly what he wanted. By a bizarre twist of fate, Molly suddenly leaves Gid’s mind and enters the mind of Pilar Benitez-Jones, possibly the hottest girl in the world. Pilar flirts with Gid. A lot. No longer inside her boyfriend’s head, Molly feels life is spiralling out of control. But she realises that being inside Pilar’s head has it’s advantages as she influenes Pilar for her own schemes - with ensuing chaos.

I loved Inside the Mind of Gideon Rayburn so I was very excited when I opened the package from Bloomsbury and pulled this out.

Forbidden - Tabitha Suzuma

‘You’ve always been my best friend, my soul mate, and now I;ve fallen in love with you too.

Why is that such a crime?’

She is pretty and talented - sweet sixteen and never been kissed. He is seventeen, gorgeous and on the brink of a bright future. And now they have fallen in love. But…they are brother and sister.

Thanks to Random House for this. I’m very intrigued…

Tall Story - Candy Gourlay

What you want is no always what you get. Even when your wishes come true.

Andi desperately hopes her long lost half-brother Bernardo will be as mad on basketball as she is. But when he steps off the plane from the Philippines, she can’t believe her eyes. She hasn’t seen him for ten years, but even so, how did he get to be EIGHT FOOT TALL! An eight-foot tall boy who is about to crash into her life with his size 22 feet.

But Bernardo is not what he seems. Bernardo is a hero, Bernardo works miracles, and Bernardo has an amazing story to tell.

A bittersweet story, funny, sad, and magical.

I’d never heard of this before, but it sounds brilliant. Thanks again to Random House.

My Name is Memory - Ann Brashares (ARC)

‘I have fallen in love, and she is the one who endures. I killed her once and died for her many times and I still have nothing to show for it. I always search for her. I always remember her. I carry the hope that someday she will remember me.’

Their story spans a thousand years. Time and again, they have been together, yet apart. He knows they are meant to be one. Only he carries the memory of their love.

Discover a love story with the power and intensity of The Time Traveller’s Wife and the passion of Twilight.

Thanks to Hodder and Stoughton for this. I’m really looking forward to it.

Bought:

Perchance to Dream - Lisa Mantchev

Act Two, Scene One

Growing up in the enchanted Thèâtre Illuminata, Beatrice Shakespeare Smith learned everything about every play ever written. She knew the Players and their parts, but she didn’t know that she, too, had magic. Now, she is the Mistress of Revels, the Teller of Tales, and determined to follow her stars. She is ready for the outside world.

Enter BERTIE AND COMPANY

But the outside world soon proves more topsy-turvy than any stage production. Bertie can make things happen by writing them, but outside the protective walls of the Thèâtre, nothing goes as planned. And her magic cannot help her make a decision between—

Nate: Her suave and swashbuckling pirate, now in mortal peril.

Ariel: A brooding, yet seductive, air spirit whose true motives remain unclear.

When Nate is kidnapped and taken prisoner by the Sea Goddess, only Bertie can free him. Bertie’s dreams are haunted by Nate, whose love for Bertie is keeping him alive, but in the daytime, it’s Ariel who is tantalizingly close, and the one she is falling for. Who does Bertie love the most? And will her magic be powerful enough to save her once she enters the Sea Goddess’s lair?

Once again, LISA MANTCHEV has spun a tale like no other—full of romance, magic, adventure, and fairies, too—that readers won’t want to put down, even after the curtain has closed.

Really looking forward to this!

Sophie

25 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to reading The Other girl, Blood Feud and My name Is memory too, and I'm interested to see what every thinks of Forbidden too. Great books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some really good books this week. I'm looking forward to My Name is Memory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like we got a few of the same ones this week, and they all sound brilliant! Plus, isn't the cover for Perchance To Dream one of the most beautiful things you've ever seen? I love it. Hope you enjoy your books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, i wonder what 'forbidden' will be like! cant wait for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some great books, i got Blood Feud and The Other Girl as well.

    Naomi

    @ naomisbookreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes Forbidden looks intriguing (and potentially disturbing)...wonder if it will turn out a bit like Jayce/Clary from the Mortal Instrument series. Really want to read it and find out now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh Forbidden seems really interesting- looking forward to reading your review of it. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Forbidden and My Name is Memory look like great books and I'm desperate to read them. Looking forward to your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the cover for Perchance to dream is just absolutely gorgeous, I really love it. I need to read her first book though. The other girl sounds amazing too, you got some good'uns this week. Rock on Sophie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the different covers of My Name is Memory that are popping up everywhere. Look forward to reading your review of Forbidden.

    Happy Reading

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow you got some great books. I got Pechance to Dream this week too and am hoping My Name is Memory comes Tuesday as I am actually going to hear Brashares speak at the library on Thursday. Definitely cannot wait. Forbidden also look like a interesting read. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Forbidden sounds so interesting. I need to know how it plays out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Forbidden--Love the cover. I'm a little scared to read about a brother and sister romance, though. Very VC Andrews (Whom I adored when I was in middle school). Let us know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely love your book choices and I'm definitely bookmarking a couple of your list and adding it on my books to buy and read list. I'm dead curious about Forbidden, Blood Feud and so want to read Perchance to Dream

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sigh, the Blood Feud and Perchance covers are so beautiful. And I'm intrigued by My Name is Memory! If it's anything like The Time Traveler's Wife, it will be amazing. Can't wait to see what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, you got some fab books - I'm super jealous of My Name Is Memory! Can't wait for your reviews - happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't wait to read My Name is Memory. Part of me wants to just drop everything and read it. But I did that yesterday with Feeling Sorry for Celia so I can't do it again today.
    Enjoy and I agree Forbidden does have an intriguing premise...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I really want to read My Name is Memory and Forbidden.

    Happy reading!

    In My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm excited about the sequel to Gideon Rayburn too. And I've started Tall Story and it's brilliant! Enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great books this week! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. ooh great week! I can't wait to read Blood Feud and My name is memory looks really good! Hope you enjoy:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like an awesome week! I am looking up Forbidden and My name is memory.
    Check out mine if you want!
    http://blkosiner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've seen My Name is Memory everywhere and it sounds really good.

    Perchance to Dream looks amazing too, but I haven't yet read Eyes Like Stars.

    And WHOA. Everything sounded great with Forbidden until the 'brother and sister' part. Guess that's why it's called 'Forbidden' Looking forward to what you have to say about that one!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm loving the cover of Forbidden!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!