Wednesday 12 May 2010

Never Bite a Boy on the First Date - Tamara Summers


Never Bite a Boy on the First Date - Tamara Summers

Pages: 270
Publisher: Harper Collins
Release Date: 4th March 2010

Other Titles by this Author: Save the Date

When we found the guy and saw the holes in his neck, the cause of death was obvious.

“It wasn’t me,” I said. “I make one mistake and every little vampire attack is my fault? That’s so unfair!”

But it doesn’t matter how much I protest, unless I can prove my innocence I’ll be spending the nest decade in a padded coffin. So now I’m on mission to track down the real murderer. I’ve narrowed it down to three suspects.

All acting suspiciously.
All boys.
And all very cute…

Never Bite a Boy on the First Date is a fun and light-hearted vampire mystery.

Kira is such a fun heroine to follow. Because she’s not perfect by any stretch of the imagination. She’s new to vampiredom so naturally, she’s made some mistakes. And not completely inconsequential ones either. Kira is also a sixteen-year-old girl whether she’s a vampire or not, and her preoccupation with hot guys, disdain for school and conflict with her ‘parents’ make her a character that is very easy to empathise with.

This imperfection spreads to her family. Her brother, sister, brother-in-law, mum and dad (all vampires and not related to Kira) are endearingly oddball. Their fashions and traditions all reflect the time that they were turned in and truly comply to the idea of freezing in mind and body when you become a vampire. They’re such a mismatch bunch!

In the last quarter of Never Bite a Boy on the First Date, the relaxed tone turns sharper with shocking revelations and surprising twists. Throughout the novel Kira has three suspects for Tex’s murder and investigates them all. By dating them, obviously. Now, I had my theories, and after a few false starts I finally guessed the identity of the murderer correctly. Rare, I know.

This is a fantastically fun standalone novel and I recommend it to fans of fanged fiction who want something light and easy.

For my 2010 100+ Reading Challenge

Sophie

14 comments:

  1. The book looks great !!
    I'm putting it on my TBR pile !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know...do I still have another vampire book in me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a fan of fanged fiction! ;) I'll have to get this! So glad you enjoyed it :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't read all that many vampire books, but this one looks really fun! I'll have to give it a try when they release it in Australia. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am looking forward to reading this one, it sounds so much fun!! Glad you enjoyed it Sophie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one does sound very tongue in cheek. Great review Sophie. It really is getting to be so difficult to decide which vampire books to read and which to let pass me by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a riot! Great review too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. im reading this book now i love it!!! its so awsome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can barley read long books like 280 pgs is long but this book was so good i couldnt put it down i finished this book in one day....This is worth buying its one of the best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i just read it and i could not put it down. Its a real good read and easy to understand i have 3 friends lineing up to read it. today i gave it to one and she is really in to it too. i hope there will be more like it but due to the way it ended i wouldn't think so. so read it it is worth it!!!!!! i hope if you do you will enjoy it as much as i did..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its a really great book, I loved reading it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. this book was a great read, i never wanted to put it down. I even reccomended it to a couple of my friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. it was such a good book!
    i am reading it for the 2nd time!
    if you are sick of vampires or not this will make you want to read more about them

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!