Monday 30 March 2009

Perfect You - Elizabeth Scott

Perfect You - Elizabeth Scott

Pages: 282
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Release Date: 25th March 2008

Other Titles By This Author: Bloom; Stealing Heaven; Living Dead Girl; Something, Maybe; Love You. Hate You. Miss You. (May, '09)

Kate Brown’s life has gone downhill fast. Her father has quit his job to sell vitamins at the mall, and Kate is forced to work with him. Her best friend has become popular, and now she acts like Kate is invisible.

And then there’s Will. Gorgeous, unattainable Will, whom Kate acts like she can’t stand even though she can’t stop thinking about him. When Will starts acting interested, Kate hates herself for wanting him when she’s sure she’s just his latest conquest.

Kate figures that the only way things will ever stop hurting so much is if she keeps to herself and stops caring about anyone or anything. What she doesn’t realise is that while life may not always be perfect, good things can happen - but only if she lets them…

I probably should have left this review until I got home because I just did a Biology presentation on the ecology of Dangermouse. Yes. Dangermouse. A cartoon mouse detective. For Biology. For some reason I know don't know what to write about Perfect You.

Let's see. I really enjoyed it although Kate's character became irritating sometimes. She just moaned and moaned and was so horrible to the lovely Will. I understand her reasons and would probably be the same in her situation but she really got on my nerves.

The plot was well executed and dealt with lots of family and friendship dramas that I recognise as an Elizabeth Scott trademark after reading only two of her books. Nevertheless, I did enjoy it and now I have to go to Biology and show the class my amazing presentation!

Have a great day everyone!

Sophie

4 comments:

  1. Your presentation really does sound amazing!

    Interesting review, too. I've got this one and I'm probably going to have an Elizabeth Scott marathon soon! Can't wait to see if I agree with you (and if so, whether I magically gain any knowledge about the ecology of Dangermouse! ;) )

    Thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand how you feel, I have a Biology test coming soon.

    I really love this book! Will is irresistible :)

    Wonderful review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review, I'm looking forward to reading this one! And don't you just love the cover?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck and great review!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!