Sunday 1 March 2009

Numbers - Rachel Ward

Numbers - Rachel Ward

Pages: 285
Publisher: Chicken House
Release Date: 5th January 2009

Since the day her mother died, Jem has known about the numbers.

When she looks in someone’s eyes, she can see the date they will die.

Life is hard, until she meets a boy called Spider. Suddenly her world seems brighter.

But on a trip to London, Jem foresees a chain of events that will shatter their lives forever…

The concept of this book was one that I've never encountered before and I really enjoyed it. Jem had a strong, individual voice that portrayed every emotion that she felt. Her vulnerability showed through whilst remaining strong, if you know what I mean.

While I was reading this book I felt that she was telling her story to me alone which helped me enjoy it so much more. I also loved that Spider wasn't a typical hero but she fell for him anyway.

I strongly recommend this book for anyone who wants something a bit different with a very emotional ending.

Sophie

3 comments:

  1. I'm really excited to start reading this. Should be getting it in the mail from BookMooch soon. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should have a review of this soon, too. I love the premise - it sends shivers up my spine!

    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!