Monday 16 March 2009

City of Bones and City of Ashes - Cassandra Clare

City of Bones - Cassandra Clare

Pages: 442
Publisher: Walker Books
Release Date: 2nd July 2007

It’s after dark in New York City, and Clary Fray is seeing things. The best-looking guy in the nightclub just stabbed a guy to death - but the victim has vanished into thin air. Her mother has disappeared, and a hideous is lurking in her apartment . With her life spiralling into darkness, Clary realises that she has stumbled into an invisible war between ancient demonic forces and the secretive Shadow hunters - a war in which she has a fateful role to play…

City of Ashes - Cassandra Clare

Pages: 411
Publisher: Walker Books
Release Date: 7th July 2008

With her mother in a coma and her father hell-bent on destroying the world, Clary Fray is dragged into New York City’s terrifying underworld of werewolves, demons and the mysterious Shadowhunters. Discovering the truth about her past was only beginning. Now the fate of the world rests on Clary’s shoulders, but can she master her new-found powers and control her feelings for a boy who can never be hers?

I decided to both these books in the same post because I'd just gush about how amazing they are in two, so I might as well squish it into one! Seriously, I didn't expect to love them as much as I did.

Cassandra Clare is a genius. Her writing is beautiful, her characters are fabulous (especially Jace!) and the plot kept me enveloped in the world of demons, vampires and werewolves throughout. Fantastic. I really can't put into words how much I loved this but I'll try.

I finished City of Bones last night and started City of Ashes straight after even though it was 11pm and I had college today. I took it with me today and read it at every available moment and when I got home, read it until I finished it a couple of hours ago.

I cannot wait for City of Glass, it's going to be amazing. It's just a shame I have to wait until JULY! So far away! But anyway, everybody who hasn't already, needs to read this amazing series right now!

Sophie

3 comments:

  1. haha, that sounds like me when I read it. I did not sleep for 2 nights. They just grab ahold of you...
    -amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you enjoyed them. They are indeed amazing! And Jace... ahh, Jace. I hope CoG has lots of J/C scenes!

    I can't wait 'til it's released... not long to go now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous reviews - you've really made me want to read them! I've heard so many good things about these books.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!