Sunday 29 March 2009

In My Mailbox IX

I've borrowed the idea of this from the amazing The Story Siren who was inspired by Alea. If you want more information check out her blog. All summaries are from the book jackets.

Don’t Ask - Hilary Freeman

Lily believes her boyfriend Jack is perfect, but wonders why he won’t talk about his past. Wouldn’t it be fantastic, she thinks, if she could talk to his ex and fill in all the gaps?

Lily devises a way to do just that. But what begins as a bit of fun has unexpected - and disturbing - consequences…

Don't Ask is a story about love, friendship and secrets. Sometimes it’s better not too ask too many questions.

I really enjoyed Hilary Freeman's first novel Loving Danny so I've got high hopes for this one.

When It Happens - Susane Colasanti

When you find something real, everything else falls into place…

Seniors in high school, Sara and Tobey couldn’t be more different. She is focused on getting into her first-choice college; he wants to win Battle of the Bands. Sara’s other goal is to find true love, so when Dave, a popular jock, asks her out, she’s thrilled. But then there’s Tobey. His amazing blue eyes and quirky wit always creep into her thoughts. Lucky for Sara, one of Tobey’s goals is also to make her fall in love with him. Told in alternating points of view, Sara and Tobey’s real connection will have everyone rooting for them from the minute they meet!

I've heard lots of good things about Susane Colasanti's books so I'm looking forward to reading this.

Falling - Sharon Dogar

Neesha is afraid - haunted by the fragments of a nightmare about a girl falling, far away and a long time ago.

Just when the echoes in her head threaten to overwhelm her, a boy unexpectedly comes to her rescue.

Handsome and talented, Sammy finds himself strangely drawn to Neesha - but it’s only when they come together that they begin to realise why.

Are they falling in love or being pulled into the past - fated to replay a love affair that ended in blood?

Sharon Dogar's first novel Waves blew me away so I'm really excited to read Falling. The cover of this book is also gorgeous.

I didn't get very many books at all this week but all three look really good.

Sophie

12 comments:

  1. Falling looks great! I'm going to add it to my wishlist now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Falling's cover is so pretty. and the book sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When It Happens sounds like a cute book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i loved when it happens and those other ones sound really good too! !!
    Do you live in the UK? i've never heard of those other two, but I'll have to look 4 them at the book store...
    -amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those books look so cute and I adore Falling's cover. I cannot wait to see what you think about them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. When It Happens was really cute, I think you will like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved Don't Ask, and the other two sound great too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great books! Falling sounds really good and I love the cover! must add to list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of those books have great covers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved When It Happens and Falling and Don't Ask look great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice week! When It Happens sounds really good, and you're right about Falling - the cover is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't Ask sounds really good and I like the color of the cover.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!