Thursday 5 February 2015

Favourites: January 2015


Me, Carly and Viv (Credit: Michelle, Fluttering Butterflies)
Scholastic Blogger Feast
On the 24th I had the pleasure of going up to the Scholastic offices for some croissants, bookish people hugs, authors and books! It was lovely to hear about their new titles (esp. 7 Days, The Sin Eater’s Daughter and The Game of Love and Death) and meet Melinda Salisbury and Eve Ainsworth. And have a cheeky Nandos, of course. Full report to come on Tuesday! 

Area do
Every January Barclays have an awards night to celebrate the achievements of the year. This year it was held at the gorgeous Selsden Park hotel just outside Croydon. There were drink vouchers, a terrible DJ, mini pies and some people that I’ve really, really grown to love during my time there. And a brilliantly funny mini-bus ride home when everyone is smashed is always fun.

Gilmore Girls re-watch
Whoops. It was only two-ish years ago that I watched that I discovered the wonders of Lorelai and Rory, Stars Hollow and Jess Mariano (*swoon*) but all of the internet excitement about it going up on US Netflix reminded me how much I loved it. And then before I know it, BAM, me and my sister have accidentally watched the whole first season. Coming up to the Big Break Up of season three as I type.

Leaving my job
This was a big decision for me, and one that I’ve been seriously considering for the last few months. When you find yourself walking to work and considering running out into the road because ‘Hey, a broken leg would get me a few weeks away from that place...’, it’s time to get out. I’ll miss the people I work with, but the relief is so immense and I know I’ve made the right decision. Now to find a new job...

How was your January?

Sophie

1 comment:

  1. Whoa with the broken leg story! I am glad you've left and if you were that unhappy. Good luck in your job search, and always lovely to catch up with you :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!