It’s my birthday on Sunday. I shall be the ripe old age of 22; only 8 years until I reach the next milestone – 30. And there are many, many things I want to do before then.
Here are the top 30 things I want to do before I’m 30:
1. Move to London.
2. Get a job I actually enjoy, preferably in publishing.
3. Go to New York.
4. Meet Sarah Dessen.
5. Learn to dive.
6. Be okay with my body.
8. Learn to drive.
9. Road-trip across the US – New York to LA.
10. Go to Australia.
11. Learn to walk in high heels without looking like a tit.
12. Own all of the Disney animated classics.
13. Go to Disneyland.
14. Visit Rome, Venice, Pisa, Florence. Just Italy, actually.
15. Take a helicopter ride over the Grand Canyon.
16. Go to a movie premiere.
17. Own the full collection of Penguin and Puffin Clothbound Classics.
18. Marathon all 7 Harry Potter films in one go.
19. Have a library room.
20. Learn to cook.
21. Meet Ian Somerhalder.
22. Own a pair of Louboutins. Which I probably won’t be able to walk in.
23. Read the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
24. Learn to like wine and coffee. I just can’t see myself as a grown-up until I do...
25. Swim on the Great Barrier Reef.
26. Discover I have some magical/mystical/fantastical talent or history or fate.
27. Play on a team for something.
28. Meet Oli Sykes.
29. See the ruins of Athens.
30. Fall in love.
This is actually looking a little unachievable. Maybe it should be more of a bucket list...