Friday 6 March 2009

An Abundance of Katherines - John Green

An Abundance of Katherines - John Green

Pages: 215
Publisher: Speak
Release Date: 16th October 2008

Other Titles by This Author: Looking For Alaska, Paper Towns

19 Katherines and counting…

When it comes to relationships, Colin Singleton’s type is girls named Katherine. And when it comes to girls named Katharine, Colin is always getting dumped. Nineteen times to be exact. On a road trip miles from home, this anagram-happy, washed-up child prodigy has ten thousand dollars in his pocket, a bloodthirsty feral dog on his trail, and an overweight, Judge Judy-loving best friend riding shotgun - but no Katherines. Colin is on a mission to prove The Theorem of Underlying Katherine Predictability, which he hopes will predict the future of any relationship, avenge dumpees everywhere, and may finally win him the girl.

I loved this book, it was amazing. There is something about John Green's writing that completely sucks you into the world of his characters.

All of the characters, especially Colin, Hassan and Lindsey, were very complex and throughout the novel there was a steady progression of getting to know them which I liked. It was also very clever and very funny. Some of the things that Hassan came out with made me laugh out loud.

John Green must have put in so much research and work into the languages, maths and really random facts. And it payed off, I loved it.

I really can't wait to read Paper Towns now. I read the first two chapters in the back of this book and I want more!

Sophie

3 comments:

  1. I love John Green's writing and I really want to read this. Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really good. He's an excellent writer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read John Green's other books but not this one. I have it...I just need to move it to the top of my pile. It sounds sooo good. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!