Sunday 31 May 2009

In My Mailbox 18

This was started by the fabulous Kristi who was inspired by Alea. If you want more information check out their blogs. All summaries are from the book jackets.

The Demon’s Lexicon - Sarah Rees Brennan

Sixteen-year-old Nick knows that demons are real.

Magicians call up demons in exchange for their power. The demons can appear in any shape, show you marvels, promise you anything - until you invite them in and receive their mark.

What happens next?
First you get possessed.
Then you die.

Nick’s been on the run his entire life, ever since his mother stole a charm from the most feared magician of them all, and the only person he trusts is his brother Alan. Alan’s just been marked by a demon. Only Nick can save him, but to do so he must face the magicians - and kill them.

The hunt is on, and Nick’s going to discover things he never dreamed were out there…

Fragile Eternity - Melissa Marr

Seth never expected to settle down forever - but that was before Aislinn. Unfortunately, forever takes on a whole new meaning when your girlfriend is a faerie queen…

Aislinn never expected to rule the very creatures that had always terrified her - but that was before Keenan. He stole her mortality, and now she faces challenges and enticements beyond any she’d ever imagined.

In Melissa Marr’s third mesmerising tale of Faerie, Seth and Aislinn struggle to stay true to themselves and each other, in a world where one false step could plunge the Earth into chaos…

The Knife of Never Letting Go - Patrick Ness

Todd Hewitt is the last boy in Prentisstown.

But Prentisstown isn’t like other towns. Everyone can hear everyone else’s thoughts in a constant, overwhelming, never-ending Noise. There is no privacy. There are no secrets.

Or are there?

Just one month away from the birthday that will make him a man, Todd unexpectedly stumbles upon a spot of complete silence.

Which is impossible.

Prentisstown has been lying to him.

And now he’s going to have to run…

I got some really great books this week and I can’t wait to get stuck in.

Sophie

15 comments:

  1. Looks like you got some really good books this week. I haven't read any of them but Fragile Eternity is on my reading list. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Demon's Lexicon looks nice. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great books! Happy reading, and I'm looking forward to hearing all about them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great batch of books this week! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good read! I hope you enjoy reading and reviewing them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a good week! I've heard that the Melissa Marr series is really good. I can't wait to read it! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great haul! I so want The Demon Lexicon, and I'm currently reading Fragile Eternity! Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The demons lexicon looks awesome! I could never get into the knife of...
    -amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great week Sophie! I can't wait for your reviews of these!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh The Demon's Lexicon and The Knife of Never Letting Go sound like amazing reads. I cannot wait to see what you think of them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fragile Eternity looks really good! I haven't read it yet though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I almost picked up The Demon's Lexicon the other day. I hope you enjoy The Knife of Never Letting Go as much as I do :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These books look great. I really like this cover of Demon's Lexicon more than the US/Canadian one. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!