Tuesday 12 May 2009

Evernight - Claudia Gray

Evernight - Claudia Gray

Pages: 327
Publisher: Harper Teen
Release Date: 1st April 2009

Other Titles in This Series: Stargazer

Bianca wants to escape.

At the eerily gothic Evernight Academy, the other students are sleek, smart, and almost predatory. Bianca knows she doesn’t fit in.

When she meets handsome, brooding Lucas, he warns her to be careful - even when it comes to caring about him. But the connection between them can’t be denied. Bianca will risk anything to be with Lucas, but dark secrets are fated to tear them apart…and to make Bianca question everything she’s ever believed.

I absolutely loved Evernight. The plot was past-paced and surprising and the characters well well-developed and realistic. It was amazing.

Evernight Academy is completely awesome. A miss-match, gothic castle complete with gargoyles, turrets and stained-glass windows. It’s the sort of place I’d love to visit, though not necessarily stay the night! To me it seemed like a cross between Hogwarts and the House of Night.

I loved how the characters changed throughout the novel. Both Bianca and Lucas continued to surprise me and at some points had me blinking in astonishment at some of their revelations. My only gripe about the characters would be that in the beginning there was a lot of focus on Bianca’s shyness then seemed to magically disappear after a couple of chapters.

There were lots of twists and turns to the story that took me by complete surprise. I liked the different take on vampire lore and where that took the story. It was very clever and added a whole other dimension to the story and characters.

I really loved Evernight and I’m eagerly waiting for my copy of Stargazer to arrive in the post.

Sophie

6 comments:

  1. thanks for the review. sounds like something i'd enjoy too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book! And I agree with you, I'd like to visit Evernight Academy too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that you liked it. I loved this novel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book looks wicked :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. And you also have an award :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, thrilled you enjoyed your book.

    Enjoyed your scoop on the vampire lore taking it in a whole other dimension.

    Thrilled it added to the story & the characters.

    Hope your copy of Stargazer arrives soon.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!