Friday 2 September 2016

Authors in real life

Last week I headed up to London to do an interview. In real life. With a major author. In the gorgeous Carmelite offices. And I was terrified.

But not until I walked out of the train station and it dawned on me – panic set in, my hands got clammy, my questions all seemed terrible and I was convinced it would all go horribly wrong. It was only my second real life interview, after all.

And you know what? It was totally fine.

Sure, my voice got a little weird at first and I fumbled a little, but it was kinda fun. I mean, how often to you get to sit in a swish room at Carmelite and have one on one time with Lauren Oliver? Never. (She’s lovely and super cool, btw.)

New motto, Shonda Rhimes-style: say yes. It won't be nearly as bad as you think it will.

Have you ever interviewed an author in person? Were you terrified?


Sophie

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh yeah. Interviewed Jennifer L. Armentrout via phone and that was stressful enough! I would totally crumble doing it in person. Kudos to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I interviewed Simone Elkeles at Bloomsburys offices a couple of years ago & I was ridiculously nervous before hand! She was actually one of the most down to earth and hilarious authors I've ever met though so once we started talking I had a blast.

    I'm glad you enjoyed your interview, when will you be posting it? I've not interviewed Lauren Oliver but I did meet her at the Delirium launch & she seemed really nice :-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!