Thursday 23 June 2016

#EliotAlong Sign-Up

I’m joining Bex from an Armchair by the Sea in a readalong of George Eliot’s Middlemarch!

This 19th century behemoth has been on my radar for so long it’s embarrassing, so I figure this is the perfect time to get this off my TBR once and for all. I’m still really quite scared of it – it’s between 850 and 900 pages depending on the edition – but knowing I won't be alone should help me through.

The readalong is being tracked on Twitter with #EliotAlong and it starts Monday 27th June and runs until Sunday 7th August. The aim is 14 chapters a week (around 130-150 pages) and here’s the schedule!


(This isn't official graphic for the readalong, I made my own to reflect the edition I'm reading from!)

June 27th - July 3rd - Chapter 1 - end of 14 (or all of Miss Brooke and the first two chapters of Old and Young)

July 4th - 10th - Chapter 15 - end of 28 (or the rest of Old and Young and six chapters of Waiting for Death)

July 11th - 17th - Chapter 29 -end of 42 (the rest of Waiting for Death and all of Three Love Problems)

July 18th - 24th - Chapter 43 - end of 56 (all of The Dead Hand and the first three chapters of The Widow and the Wife)

July 25th - 31st - Chapter 57 - end of 70 (the rest of The Widow and the Wife and eight chapters of Two Temptations)

August 1st - 7th - Chapter 71 – End

Now, that doesn’t look too scary, right?


Sophie 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sophie! I just joined this event too. It's my first time reading Middlemarch. I just wanted to say hello since we're both in the group. Have fun reading! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!