Sunday 5 September 2010

In My Mailbox 77

This meme was started by the fabulous Kristi who was inspired by Alea. Check out their blogs for more information. All summaries are from the book jackets.

For Review:

My So-Called Haunting - Tamsyn Murray

Skye, a fourteen-year-old who can see ghosts, is very stressed. Not only is the ghost of a sixteenth-century witch giving her fashion tips, but she’s struggling to settle into life with her auntie, and is developing a crush on the most unattainable boy in the school, Nico.

When her aunt asks her for help with a troubled teen ghost called Dontay, she’s glad of the distraction. But then Nico starts paying her attention, and she’s soon facing a battle to keep her love life and her psychic life separate.

As things get ever more complicated, it looks as though Dontay’s past may cost Skye her future.

I loved My So-Called Afterlife so a huge thanks to Piccadilly Press for this.

Bought:

Ill Wind - Rachel Caine

Rider on the storm

The Wardens Association has been around pretty much for ever. Some Wardens control fire, others control earth, water, or wind - and the most powerful can control more than one element. Without Wardens; Mother Nature would wipe humanity of the face of the Earth…

Joanne Baldwin - fashion addict and professional, if unwilling hero - is a Weather Warden. Usually, all it takes is a wave of her hand to tamer the most violent weather. But now Joanne is trying to outrun another kind of storm: accusations of corruption and murder. So she’s resorting to the very human tactic of running for her life.

Her only hope is Lewis, the most powerful Warden. Unfortunately, he’s also on the run from the World Council. It seems he’s stolen not one but three bottles of Djinn - making him the most wanted man on Earth. And without Lewis, Joanne’s chances of surviving are as good as a snowball in - well, a place she may be headed. So she and her classic Mustang are racing hard to find him because there’s some bad weather closing in fast…

I’ve been wanting to read this for ages so when I saw it in The Works for £1.99, I had to get it.

Lies - Michael Grant

The nightmare continues…

A prophetess has set herself up by the FAYZ wall and communes with the outside world, or so she claims.

By night, a figure roams the streets of Perdido Beach - the ghost of a boy with a whip hand, haunting the dreams of those he tormented.
As side turns against side, it’s impossible to know who to trust.

But what if there is a way out of the FAYZ after all?

I LOVE this series!

Sophie

17 comments:

  1. My So Called Haunting looks pretty good. Great IMM hope you enjoy your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I love the cover for My So Called Haunting. It makes it looks even more intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, brilliant books! I can't wait to read your reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My So Called Haunting looks like a really good one. Great mailbox and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ive read Rachel Caine's vamp series but not that one. I have been tempted though. Enjoy this weeks books :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have some great reading to look forward to! Here’s my IMMB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow great books. I really love the sound of Ill Wind, and like you am very much into Grant's series. Nice hall this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great hall this week. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still haven't read Hunger. Oh man, I am getting behind with my series books. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really need to make a start on the Michael Grant series! It looks fab ;)

    Happy reading! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for MSCH! And so glad you finally got Lies - hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great books! My So-Called Haunting looks especially good, so I'll be looking forward to seeing your review for it. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you enjoy My So-Called Haunting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. lies! yay - I am hoping my copy will drop through the door very soon

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay for My So-Called Haunting! I'm really looking forward to reading it - and to your review, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Agreed - My So Called Haunting! Lucky girl :) Have fun with them!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!