- Poison Study took Maria 5 years to write.
- Now a book only takes between 4 and 6 months.
- She is a “seat of the pants” writer.
- Maria dreamt Inside Out from beginning to end, characters and plotline.
- She has a degree in Meteorology, which helped with the construction of the Stormdancer clan.
- Maria’s editor asked for the Glass trilogy because she felt that Opal was an interesting character and although Maria initially resisted, she was soon full of ides for the trilogy.
- Short stories from the Study trilogy, Power Study and Ice Study are on Maria’s website.
- Maria would like to one day go back and write about the Commander and Valek set before Poison Study.
- She also wants to write more books in the Study trilogy one day.
"Good ahead play with fire - I won't tell!"
- Maria learnt about food tasting from her food taster husband for Poison Study.
- Maria learnt to horse ride for Magic Study.
- Maria learnt to blow glass for Fire Study.
"Caught in a riptide, which way would you go?"
- The UK covers of her books are her favourite.
- The image on the US Sea Glass is her editor’s Waterford Crystal starfish.
- Spy Glass will be released in the UK in October (I think) and Inside Out in December.
"The sea is full of treasure."
I had a fantastic time and I encourage you to go and meet Maria if you get a chance. You won’t regret it!