Friday 24 July 2009

Prophecy of the Sisters - Michelle Zink

Prophecy of the Sisters - Michelle Zink

Pages: 343
Publisher: Little, Brown
Release Date: 6th August 2009

An ancient prophecy divides two sisters-
One good…
One evil…
Who will prevail?

Twin sisters Lia and Alice Milthorpe have just become orphans. They have also become enemies. As they discover their roles in a prophecy that has turned generations of sisters against each other, they find themselves entangled in a mystery that involves a tattoo-like mark, their parents’ deaths, a boy, a book, and a lifetime of secrets.

Lia and Alice don’t know who they can trust. They just know they can’t trust each other.
Michelle Zink takes readers on an unforgettable journey in her page-turning debut novel.

Prophecy of the Sisters is Michelle Zink’s beautifully written debut novel that’s full of mystery and magic.

The pace of Prophecy of the Sisters isn’t particularly fast but the mystery of the prophecy and the need to put all of the pieces together keeps the story moving. I never managed to guess anything correctly; it was full of surprises, twists and turns.

I loved the characters in Prophecy of the Sisters. Lia was strong, brave and clever and Alice was unnerving and some of the things that she did to Lia and Henry were horrible. But I loved Henry. He was wise, intelligent and much older than his ten years. His loyalty to his father and Lia was both heartbreaking and admirable. Henry was by far my favourite character. James may also have been a contender if we had learnt a little bit more about him. He remained a bit of a mystery.

I really enjoyed Prophecy of the Sisters and I’m looking forward to reading the next in the trilogy.

Sophie

6 comments:

  1. This sounds really good and I am going to read it. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh i saw this book at Borders! I jumped with excitement!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you enjoyed it! I knew you would, lol. Can't beat a good mystery :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks awesome. I saw it at B&N, and I was dying to pick it up. Have to wait until I am done with my back to school shopping though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good one! I have an ARC of it, just haven't gotten around to reading it yet. Guess I need to get on that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to read this!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!