Friday 19 September 2014

Unmade, Sarah Rees Brennan


Pages: 370
Publisher: S&S
Release Date: 25th September 2014
Edition: UK paperback, review copy

Other Titles by this Author: The Demon’s Lexicon, The Demon’s Covenant, The Demon’s Surrender, Unspoken, Untold

All’s fair in love and magic.

Kami has lost the boy she loves, is tied to the one she does not, and faces an enemy more powerful than ever before. With Jared missing and presumed dead, Kami must rely on her new magical link with Ash for the strength to face the evil spreading through her town.

Rob Lynburn is now the master of Sorry-in-the-Vale, and he demands a death. Kami must use every tool at her disposal to stop him. Together with Rusty, Angela, and Holly, she uncovers a secret that might be the key to saving the town. But with knowledge comes responsibility – and a painful choice. A choice that will risk not only Kami’s life, but also the lives of those she loves most.

Sarah Rees Brennan has garnered a talent from breaking hearts and fracturing minds through the cruel treatment of her characters and Unmade cemented that reputation.

When we left Kami and the gang at the end of Untold, Jared was presumed dead and my heart was in bits. Unmade picks up a month later and Kami is still struggling to come to terms with Jared’s death and it hurt. She is set on venturing into Aurimere just in case he’s still there... Turns out, Rob Lynburn wasn’t really a fan of them sneaking around his house.

I just love how sass, humour and wit prevail even when in mortal danger and despair. It’s also used for deeper meanings too. Kami uses ridiculous pet names and obnoxious humour to hide her insecurities in her relationships and to replace a disastrous DTR. It just made me love her even more. Then you get Angela and Rusty with the one-liners, jibes and comebacks that I wish I could think of, let only say out loud!

Though this review has been short and vague, I think I’m going to leave it here. Everything I want to squeal/cry over will spoil Unmade and I want you all to experience every sentence of this excellent book for yourself. Just know this:

Unmade is a heart-wrenching, edge-of-your-seat, ruin your mascara ending to the trilogy and I loved every page of it. Though I’m sad Kami’s story is over, I’m rather glad I don’t have to experience all that heartache anymore...

Thanks to S&S for the review copy.

Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!