Monday 8 August 2011

Jessie Hearts NYC - Keris Stainton

Jessie Hearts NYC – Keris Stainton

Pages: 255
Publisher: Orchard Books
Release Date: 7th July 2011

Other Titles by this Author: Della Says: OMG!

Jessie’s just arrived in New York, hoping to forget about her ex.

New Yorker Finn is in love with his best friend’s girlfriend.

They might be perfect together, but in a city of eight million people, will they ever find each other?

A mouthwatering novel of coincidences, love and New York glamour.

Jessie Hearts NYC is one of the cutest and most fun books of the summer so far. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I’ve wanted to go to New York for as long as I can remember and, for some reason, even more so in the last year or so. And Jessie Hearts NYC made me want to run straight to Gatwick and jump on a plane. Keris Stainton’s love for New York is clear in every word of awe and adoration for the city that leaves Jessie and Emma’s mouths and I can imagine that I would be saying exactly the same things. I want to go!

As well as the awesomeness of New York here’s the brilliant relationships that are depicted in the novel. One of my favourites was the friendship between Finn and Scott; it’s so nice to read about a male friendship that’s deeper than talking about their latest conquests and is actually based on mutual affection. Then you have Jessie’s relationship – if you can call it that – with her mum in the beginning of the novel. There’s very little exchange of feelings or thoughts between them that created hurdles that took a pretty shocking revelation get them over.

Then came Jessie and Finn. Man, they are perfect for each other. All of their near misses in the beginning of Jessie Hearts NYC had me on the edge of my seat (well, bed if I’m being technical) waiting for when they’d finally meet. And then they kept bumping in to each other! Brilliant, really brilliant.

After an utterly perfect ending with a scene that captured the characters flawlessly I can’t wait for whatever Keris writes next!


Sophie

4 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this one before, but it sounds really good, and I love that it takes place in New York. Hopefully, I'll get the chance to read it sometime soon. Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so desperate to visit New York after reading this book as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. brilliant review! I thought all the same stuff and I think my other half had to grab me to stop me from running out the door! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot wait to read this book - I bought it the other week and I'm now moving it up my reading list, great review :D

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!