Wednesday 17 August 2011

Sean Griswold's Head - Lindsey Leavitt

Sean Griswold’s Head – Lindsey Leavitt

Pages: 274
Publisher: Scholastic
Release Date: 7th July 2011

Other Titles by this Author: Princess for Hire, The Royal Treatment

I’d sat behind Sean Griswold since the beginning of forever. Staring at the back of his oversized head was a standard part of everyday life. But it wasn’t until I discovered the truth about my dad’s illness that I forced myself to actually look at Sean Griswold’s head. And once I did, well, let’s just say that Sean, and his head, really started to grow on me...

Sean Griswold’s Head is a sweet and very touching novel about friendship, illness and that boy you just can’t head out of your head.

I have to admit that my knowledge of MS is limited to that it sucks. And gets worse and worse. I was shocked to realise just how little I knew about it. There’s wasn’t lots of details that were unnecessary in Sean Griswold’s Head but I did feel I learnt a little about it, and I do like to finish a book having learnt something!

I think that Payton’s reaction to her dad’s illness was beautifully handled and it fit her personality perfectly. Her wholly organised and scheduled life falls apart and she turns into the shambles she would usually hate. I was quite surprised at how totally she came apart, but looking back, I feel it really does reflect her personality.

Lindsey Leavitt created some brilliant characters to fill Payton’s world. Sean is a really sweet and genuine guy who was perfect for Payton and helped her focus again, Jac is the best friend who’s your polar opposite and knows you inside out and her parents who clearly think the world of her. I do wish we’d seen a little more of her older brothers though, they seemed to be really funny and really added to the story.

I really enjoyed Sean Griswold’s Head and so now I’m really looking forward to digging out Lindsey’s debut, Princess for Hire.

Sophie

2 comments:

  1. Great review! This sounds good, I might pick it up someday.

    http://bookhi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds like an interesting mixture of cute and serious, I like reading books that can juggle both well.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!