Wednesday 30 June 2010

Seriously Sassy - Maggi Gibson

Seriously Sassy - Maggi Gibson

Pages: 273
Publisher: Puffin/Penguin
Release Date: 2nd April 2009

Other Titles in this Series: Pinch Me, I’m Dreaming, Crazy Days (1/7/10)

Right now boys are not part of my life plan. I’ve got more than enough to do as it is.’

‘Yeah, like the planet to save,’ Cordelia says dreamily.

‘And my career to get off the ground, I’ve not even got my first demo disc yet!’

Sassy Wilde’s had enough of pollution and plastic bags - she wants to make a difference. It’s time to grab her guitar and start spreading some eco love…

But first she has to get round her mum and dad - officially the most embarrassing parentals In. The. World.

And it’s not just endangered creatures keeping Sassy awake at night. Why, oh why did Magnus (the Magnificent) offer her a bite of his muffin in biology?

Seriously Sassy is a hugely fun start to a series that’s perfect for younger readers.

Sassy is one hell of a main character. Her dedication to saving the planet is admirable and very impressive for a thirteen-year-old girl. She actually made me feel guilty for not staging tree-top protests and going to supermarkets. Sassy isn’t afraid to stand up for what she believes in and even get into trouble for it.

Another thing that makes me want to have been like Sassy when I was thirteen is her music. She dreams of being a star and using her songs and influence to help the planet. Her songs are even scattered throughout the novel. I loved how much music meant to her.

Surrounding the awesomeness that is Sassy are her Lolitaz obsessed little sister, Pip, psychic Goth best friend, Cordelia and two boys, Magnus and Twig, both vying for her affections. And I have to say that Twig was definitely my favourite of the boys. He seemed like Sassy’s perfect match.

I thoroughly enjoyed Seriously Sassy so I’ll definitely be reading the next two books, Pinch Me, I’m Dreaming and Crazy Days.

For my 2010 100+ Reading Challenge

Sophie

7 comments:

  1. I've read this too and it's such a cute book! Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds like lots of fun and something that girls will enjoy in my library. Great enjoyable review Sophie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I want to read the first two in the series - really enjoyed the third!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, this sounds really fun. I'll keep an eye out for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for such a fab review, Sophie! You make me want to write more Seriously Sassy books. I do have a lot of fun making up the stories. Maggi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds *so* cute, and the MC sounds really great. Fab review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fun, hilarious. This would appeal to any teen or preteen. I love it! Can't wait to read the other two books in the series! Brilliant!

    Zia
    Have you seen Dallas Wedding DJ

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!