Sunday 10 January 2010

In My Mailbox 46

This meme was started by the fabulous Kristi who was inspired by Alea. If you want more information check out their blogs. All summaries are from the book jackets.

Bought:

Hunger: A Gone Novel - Michael Grant

An uneasy calm has settled over Perdido Beach. But soon fear explodes into desperation as starvation sets in and the mob look to place blame. For the ‘normals’ the buck must stop somewhere - with the ‘freaks’.

More and more kids are developing strange powers and, just as frighteningly, so are the animals in the FAYZ: talking coyotes, swimming bats and deadly worms with razor-sharp teeth are just the beginning.

For Sam Temple the strain of leadership is beginning to show and he’s got more than just dwindling rations and in-fighting to worry about - Caine is back with the psychotic whip hand, Drake, by his side.

And in the background lies the greatest danger of all - and he too needs to be fed.

I’ve been waiting to read this for so long! But the best bit about it is the orange-edged pages. So cool!

Monster Republic: The Divinity Project - Ben Horton

An explosion in a nuclear power plant.

Kids patched up with scavenged body parts and bionic implants.

A growing army of superhuman soldiers programmed for destruction.

Cameron Riley is about to discover that what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger…

A sci-fi-ish sounding UK debut. What more could you want?

That’s it for this week as we’ve had ridiculous amounts of snow in the UK this week and the country has ground to a halt so that meant no post (and three snow days!).

Sophie

18 comments:

  1. Monster republic sounds so amazing! I must get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really am looking forward to Monster Republic, which hopefully I'll pick up soon. Sounds great, doesn't it?

    I'm so jealous you got snow days. I had to still trudge to work in the snow and it wasn't fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to get myself a copy of Hunger. I loved Gone. I think the cover of Monster Republic is very scary but I still want to read it. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still need to read Gone - but the series sounds great. Hope you enjoy them:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. great books!!! need to read Gone, so so soon....enjoy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Monster Republic sounds really cool! Have a great time reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these books sounds good. I love the orange edged pages - cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice books! I also got Hunger this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great books! I hope you enjoy both of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Hunger I really want to read that! I hope you enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, great books! Haven't read Hunger yet, but Gone was good. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great books Soph - enjoy! Looking forward to seeing what you think of Monster Republic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Monster Republic looks good. Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great books! I hope you enjoy them.

    Here's what I got this week: http://bookielaura.blogspot.com/2010/01/in-my-mailbox-11010.html

    Take care! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Monster Republic sounds pretty good! I love sci-fi, especially dystopian fiction and that one sounds like it fits the bill. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Snow days, woohoo! A person could get so much reading done on snow days. :) Hope you enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great books you got this week. They all look really interesting. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!