Saturday 31 December 2016

2016: A Year in Review

Bookish

I celebrated my seventh blogoversary in January.

I attended the ‘Be True to Yourself’ panel at Waterstones Piccadilly featuring Jandy Nelson, Sara Barnard, Alice Oseman, Lisa Williamson and Katherine Webber.

YALC!

I went to the World Book Day 2017 announcement where I was in the same room as Jacqueline Wilson!

YA Shot!

I got to interview Lauren Oliver at Carmelite House.

I went to a 2017 preview at David Fickling Books.

I got to be in the press pen at the European premiere of ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them’ – I was a metre away from JK Rowling!

I started to really work on my bookstagram and I’m really proud of how far forward I’ve pulled it in the last few months. I’d LOVE for you to have a look: https://www.instagram.com/solittletimeforbooks


Bookish Stats
(as of Taste of Darkness)

I read 207 books in 2016:

46 contemps,

20 adult novels,

18 debuts,

40 UKYA novels,

15 short story collections,

36 classics,

10 LGBT novels,

11 non-fiction books,

26 series openers,

30 fantasy novels,

38 audiobooks,

22 DNFs,

7 poetry collections

4 graphic novels.



Personal

I saw Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: Part I & II twice.

I started working at Maximum Pop! Books in January as a volunteer writer and I’m now the Books Channel Manager.

I was a bridesmaid for my big sister in May.

I went to see Bring Me the Horizon at The O2.

I saw Dirty Dancing at the Phoenix Theatre.

I saw the Peter Pan panto at The Hawth Theatre.

How was your 2016?

Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!