Thursday 10 March 2016

Adult TBR: Part Three


The final part of my Adult TBR is here! Here's Part One and Part Two. I am posting this in advance, but I sincerely hope that I haven’t added to it already. I'm hoping to have taken some of these off instead!


The Female Man, Joanna Russ
I actually heard about this classic feminist sci-fi from an author’s guest post and I just fell in love with the premise. It’s supposed to take a searing look at gender roles and I have very high expectations.

I am Legend, Richard Matheson
This is a book I’ve been peripherally aware of for a really long time, but up until recently sci-fi hasn’t been something I'm hugely interested in even though it’s one of Jenny from Wondrous Reads’ favourite books. But when I saw this as an Audible daily deal, I decided to give it a go.

The Paying Guests, Sarah Waters
I read my first Sarah Waters novel, Fingersmith, last December and I really loved it. She only has six novels so I’m okay with taking them slowly. The Paying Guests is set in the early 1920s when a mother and daughter take in a young couple as lodgers.

Steelheart, Brandon Sanderson
I began my journey into Sanderson’s novels last year and promptly decided I want to read all of his books. This is the first book in another series and is considerably shorter than lots of his others so it’ll be the first one I read after I finish Mistborn.

The Danish Girl, David Ebershoff
I saw the film adaptation of this in January and it was so, so beautiful – it made me cry! I'm really eager to see how it differs from the movie.


Dune, Frank Herbert
This is a classic of science fiction that I feel like I need to read it and it does sound very, very cool. It is a chunky one, though, so it will probably be on my TBR for a little while longer.

The Lies of Locke Lamora, Scott Lynch
This is an epic fantasy series that is beloved my so many fantasy readers. This is one that I've got lined up for once I make it through more of Brandon Sanderson’s novels.

Americanah, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
I’ve been meaning to read something of Adichie ever since I read We Should All Be Feminists and this year I'm making a real effort to read more BAME authors so this will definitely be read this year.

The Penelopiad, Margaret Atwood
I became obsessed with Greek mythology after falling head over heels with The Song of Achilles last and bought a few more literary retellings. This one tells Penelope’s side of the story – she’s the wife of Odysseus who was left her behind to fight the Trojan War.

The Royal We, Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan
I wasn’t hugely fussed by this when I first heard it announced, but then the reviews started to come in and they were saying that it’s funny, charming and a real feel-good read and I was sold.

Sophie 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!