Thursday 19 February 2009

Two-Way Street - Lauren Barnholdt

Two-Way Street - Lauren Barnholdt

Pages: 288
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Release Date: 26th June 2007

Other Titles by This Author: Reality Chick, Devon Delaney, Four Truths and a Lie

There are two sides to every break-up.

This is Jordan and Courtney, totally in love. Sure, they were an unlikely high school couple. But they clicked; it worked. They’re even going to the same college, and driving cross-country together for orientation.

Then Jordan dumps Courtney - for a girl he met on the internet.

It’s too late to change plans, so the road trip is on. Courtney’s heart-broken, but figures she can tough it out for a few days. La la la - this is Courtney pretending not to care.

But in a strange twist, Jordan cares. A lot.

Turns out, he’s got a secret or two that he’s not telling Courtney. And it has everything to do with why they broke up, why they can’t get back together, and how, in spite of it all, this couple is destined for each other.

I loved this book. Probably because it was a road trip and I so want to go on one, preferably from New York to LA, but I'm not fussy! After reading lots of fantasy and sci-fi lately it was nice to be back in the real world.

The alternate chapters really gave me an insight into both of the characters thoughts and feelings which I really liked. It gives you the full picture and enables you to fully understand why they were doing and saying what they are. Even though Courtney had psychotic tendencies, I really liked her and some of the things she said really made me laugh.

It was a quick, fun read and I'm definitely going to check out Lauren Barnholdt's other books.

Sophie

3 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to read this one for ages, it sounds brilliant! I'm glad you enjoyed it, as we seem to like a lot of the same stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed other books by Lauren Barnholdt and I'd love to read this one. Thanks for the great review - I'm going to add this to my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't so much like Reality Chick but I've seen this one around for a while... I should pick it up! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!