Wednesday 4 February 2009

Rebel Angels - Libba Bray

Rebel Angels - Libba Bray

Pages: 548
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Release Date: 2nd July 2007

Other Titles in the Series: A Great and Terrible Beauty, The Sweet Far Thing

It's the end of the year, and Gemma's looking forward to living it up in London. Balls, fancy gowns and dancing with the handsome Simon Middleton beckon. Best of all, it's time away from Spence Academy - and from the Realms.

But the lure of the enchanted world is strong, and the magic flows freely. Gemma's visions intensify - visions of three girls dressed in white, suffering horror and menace. Clearly not all is well in the Realms - or out of them.

Set against the rich backdrop of Victorian London, a place of shadows and light, in a time of strict morality and barely repressed sensuality, this compelling gothic sequel reveals that inside great beauty can lie a rebel angel...

I liked Rebel Angels a lot more than A Great and Terrible Beauty. This one was easier to get into because I knew the characters and the world. The characters really grew and came alive in this one. We were told about the things that make them who they really are which really fleshed them out. All of the shocking revellations, unexpected twists and turns kept my rapt attention throughout. I sat and read nearly all of it yesterday; that's how in to it I was. Now I can't wait for The Sweet Far Thing for which I am going to have to wait until it is released in paperback in May.

There isn't likely to be any reviews for a couple of days as I am going to read the first two House of Night novels of my sister's that she has already reviewed on here. She probably won't review for a while either as she is rereading The Twilight Saga and their amazingness doesn't really need to be written about does it? Everyone knows how great they are. My next review, however, will be Uglies - Scott Westerfeld early next week.

Have a great rest of the week.

Sophie

5 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy the House of Night series! And you're right, we all know how amazing Twilight is! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, you can't see the coverst on my site either? that's not good at all :(

    I hope I can fix that somewhow..soon

    I also hope you enjoy the house of night series, I really like it. Have you read vampire academy by richelle mead? it's really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're welcome! I really hope you like it, I kind of think you will since we seem to like the same books like the gemma doyle series, twilight, and house of night hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh these are great! One of my all time favorites :)

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read this one yet! I really want to, though :)

    http://lookatthatbook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!