Thursday 5 January 2017

2017: Reading Goals

It’s time to dramatically declare all of the ambitious reading goals I want to achieve in 2017 and then wrap them up in December and realise I’ve failed most of them - I love it! Without further ado, this is what I want to achieve reading-wise over the next twelve months.


  • Read ‘War and Peace’


I have a plan. Reading only 7 chapters a day (around 50 pages) will get this behemoth finished in two months. I loved Anna Karenina last year and people I trust have said that War and Peace is even better. Bring. It. On.


  • 125 books


  • Continue to diversify – short stories, poetry, literary fiction, classics, and more!


  • 24 classics


Two classics a month is 100% achievable if I keep up the pace I set last year.

  • Read the Russians
As well as reading War and Peace this year, I'd really like to tackle a few more Russian classics. I have Crime and Punishment, The Master and Margarita, Dead Souls and Eugene Onegin on my TBR.


  • 12 non-fiction


This is a challenge that I very nearly conquered in 2016 as I managed 11 non-fiction books, so I’m hoping I’ll finally manage it in 2017.


  • Get some chunky classics under my belt


I have a fair few on my list for this challenge, but I’m going to leave it open. These are a few I’m considering: The Count of Monte Cristo, The Three Muskateers, Vanity Fair, Moby Dick and Crime and Punishment.


I’d love to hear all about your reading goals for 2017!


Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!