Tuesday 10 February 2015

Event Report: Scholastic Blogger Feast


On Saturday 24th January, I had the pleasure of going up to London for Scholastic’s Blogger Feast.

After meeting Carly (Writing from the Tub), Kirsty (The Overflowing Library), Viv (Serendipity Reviews), Jesse (Books4Teens) and Darren (The Book Zone) at Euston Station, we trundled over to the Scholastic offices and we greeted by a room packed full of food and lovely bookish faces!

We all thought it was rather brilliant that time had been scheduled in at the beginning of the event for eating the copious amounts of pastries and brunch goodies that the lovely team had laid out for us and chatting away to old friends and those we’d never met before – it was a lovely way to start the morning! I had a pain au chocolat the size of my face...

Once we were all settled in, fed and watered, Rachel and David presented us with Scholastic’ upcoming titles for 2015. Without further ado, here they are:

Extra, super special editions of The Hunger Games for the release of Mockingjay: Part Two

Beautiful hardback 20th anniversary editions of His Dark Materials trilogy

An Island of Our Own, Sally Nicholls (April)

A Flash of Blue, Maria Farrer (April)

The Game of Love and Death, Martha Brockenbrough (April)

Jessica Cole Model Spy: Catwalk Criminal, Sarah Sky (June)

P.S. I Still Love You, Jenny Han (June)

Raven Boys 4, Maggie Stiefvater (September)

And then the stars of the show:

7 Days, Eve Ainsworth (February)

The Sin Eater’s Daughter, Melinda Salisbury (February)

It was so lovely to hear Eve and Mel talk about their books and it made me even more excited to read their debuts that they were the next two books I read! They were funny and lovely, and thought I sadly didn’t get a chance to properly chat to Mel during the mingling session, I did discover that Eve lives in my home town. Now I get to go to her launch which will be lovely – bookish things never happen here!

After hearing about so many lovely books and talking to so many lovely people, it was time to forage for lunch. Me, Carly, Kirsty, Michelle, Viv, Darren and Jesse ended up in Nandos after a failed attempt at All Bar One. We had chicken and chatted for a good while and it was so nice to catch up.

Thank you for such a lovely day, Scholastic; I really hope it’s not too long until I get to see everyone again.

Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!