For the release of the marvellous A Darker Shade of Magic by VE Schwab, I have a lovely post from Victoria as part of her blog tour.
Victoria's Tips for Fighting Evil
1. It’s all in the wrist. And the weapon. Preferably something very sharp. Lila Bard believes you can never have too many knives, and I’m inclined to agree.
2. Aim for the eyes. Whether the incarnation of evil is human, monster, or something in between, chances are if it can’t see you, at least you’ll slow it down.
3. Distractions, distractions, distractions. Maybe it’s a smoke bomb or a firework, a lighter or a cup of scalding tea, always have something on hand to divert attention.
4. Elaborate schemes are well and good, but the simplest answer—Cut its head off! Run! Play dead!—is usually the one that will keep you alive.
5. Bring a sidekick, ally, or someone you don’t mind sacrificing.
6. Don’t let the darkness get inside. Seriously. Whether we’re talking about head game or a legitimate possession, if you let it in, you’re probably not going to get it out again.
Thanks Victoria! I’ve always suspected that I wouldn’t last very long in a fantasy world so I’m going to take these to heart just in case – you never know what could happen...
Make sure to check out the rest of the stops on the tour – banner below (click to enlarge)!