Sunday 24 March 2013

In My Mailbox 150


This meme was started by Kristi of The Story Siren who was inspired by Alea from Pop Culture Junkie. Check out their blogs for more information. All summaries are from the book jackets unless otherwise stated.

For review:

Going Vintage – Lindsey Leavitt

Mallory loves her boyfriend and she’s sure he loves her back. Until she accidentally logs on to his Authentic Life profile, that is.

He’s  been cheating on her...online!

Mallory’s relationship is ruined and the internet is to blame.

And then Mallory finds a list, written by her grandma as a teenager. Things were so much simpler in the 1960s – it was all about sewing dresses and planning dinner parties.

Maybe it’s time for Mallory to go vintage...

Love the sound of this! Thanks Scholastic.

Clockwork Princess – Cassandra Clare

Danger and betrayal, secrets and enchantment in the breathtaking conclusion to the Infernal Devices trilogy.

Tessa Gray should be happy – aren’t all bride happy? Yet as she prepares for her wedding, a net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute. A new demon appears, one linked by blood and secrecy to Mortmain, the man who plans to use his army of pitiless automatons, the Infernal Devices, to destroy the Shadowhunters. Mortmain needs only one last item to complete his plan. He needs Tessa. And Jem and Will, the boys who lay equal clam to Tessa’s heart, will do anything to save her.

I don’t think I need to say anything about this, do I? Thanks Walker!!

Above World – Jenn Reese

Aluna opened her hand and stared at the broken shell nestled in her palm. The name was carved on it in tiny, perfect letters:

HYDROTEK

Many are already dead in the City of Shifting Tides. The Elders are afraid to venture to the dry and dangerous Above World for help, so it is up to Aluna and Hoku to face the terrors on land.

Will Aluna’s warrior spirit and Hoku’s intelligence be enough to save their city?

In a thrilling ride through a future in which greed and cruelty have become unchecked, the loyalty of friends remains as true as ever.

I think this sounds like brilliant fun. Thanks again Walker!

The Secret of Ella and Micha – Jessica Sorensen

‘The girl he thinks he loves needs to disappear. I don’t want tonight to be irreversible, so I pull away, breathing him in one last time.’

Ella and Micha have been best friends since childhood, until one tragic night shatters their relationship and Ella decides to leave everything behind to start a new life at college, Micha.

But now it’s summer break and she has nowhere else to go but home. Ella fears everything she worked so hard to bury might resurface, especially with Micha living right next door. Micha is sexy, smart, confident, and can get under Ella’s skin like no one else. And he’s determined to win back the girl he lost, no matter what it takes.

I really like the sound of this. Thanks Sphere!

Ink – Amanda Sun

The gods of Japanese myth become modern-day legend in a transformative new series from debut author Amanda Sun.

When orphan Katie Green goes to live in Japan with an aunt she barely knows, she must learn to embrace a foreign world that will open her eyes forever to the unimaginable. Katie can’t deny her attraction to the aloof Tomohiro, but there’s something unnerving about him. Drawings seem to come to life in dangerous ways.

Somehow Tomo is connected to the kami, ancient beings who once ruled Japan as gods, and being close to Katie is making his powers spiral dangerously out of control. Hunted by the Yakuza, the Japanese mafia, and an even darker underworld, Katie and Tomo must find a way to control the ink before their relationship unleashes a power that will shake the very foundations of Japan – and the entire world.

This sounds great. Thanks Mira!

Sophie 

17 comments:

  1. I love that cover of 'going vintage'! I'm so anxious to read that one. cool haul

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really excited for Ink. The cover simply blows me away.
    Samina
    Escapism from Reality

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the covers of Going Vintage and Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul of books, I'm really looking forward to reading Ink as it sounds amazing!

    My haul!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clockwork princess... awesome! That looks amazing, as do the rest of these!
    (I'm a new reader of your site and I love your blog, by the way! :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah Going Vintage sounds so so good, hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why do you always get such amazing books, Sophie? I love Going Vintage's cover, especially as one of the others I've seen is nowhere near as pretty.
    I'm hoping to pick up Clockwork Princess some time this week because I've just finished Clockwork Prince and really want to know what happens. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doesn't Ink sound fabulous. Really looking forward to that one. As wells as Clockwork Princess.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like you've got a great haul. Going Vintage sounds and looks really interesting. The Secrets of Ella and Micha sounds awesome. And Ink, I'm a little jealous about that. I hope you enjoy your books.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm right in the middle of the CP2 audiobook and I'm loving it. Although I'm slowly dying because I know its all going to end way too soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oo! I've been wanting to read Going Vintage. It sounds pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ink sounds good. I honestly don't know anything about Japanese myths so that could be interesting. I hope you enjoy all your new stuff! I am also a new follower via GFC :)
    Brittany @ Spare Time book blog
    My WW: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2013/03/in-my-mailbox-22.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved Going Vintage, I hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am currently reading Going Vintage and adoring it. I also, like the cover you put up of it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooo, I've never seen that cover for Going Vintage before! It's nice. I really want to read that book. And Ink and Clockwork Princess. This is a pretty awesome haul. Enjoy your books! (:

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the sound of Ink and Going Vintage! I hope you enjoy these Sophie!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!