Friday 20 August 2010

Linger - Maggie Stiefvater

Linger - Maggie Stiefvater

Pages: 416
Publisher: Scholastic
Release Date: 21st July 2010

Other Titles in the Series: Shiver; Forever (July/11)

I feel the weight of the pack’s gaze…

Grace and Sam must fight to be together. For Grace, this means defying her parents and keeping dangerous secrets. For Sam, it means grappling with his werewolf past…and figuring out how to survive the future.

But just when they manage to find happiness, Grace realises she’s changing in ways she never could have expected…

Man, I love The Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy. Because of this I was actually rather worried that Linger might not live up to Shiver. What was I worried about, again?

Before I launch into a full-on gush about Linger, I need to have my say on the four points of view. I’m a huge fan of multiple narration so I was very pleased to have Sam and Grace back, but I didn’t really warm to Isabel in Shiver so it took me a while to start properly enjoy her perspective and I got worried that I just couldn’t remember who Cole was. It turns out that he’s completely new. And the ultimate bad boy. Needless to say, he grew on me.

Maggie Stiefvater writes in the most extraordinary way. Her prose has a gorgeous lyricism about it: she really has a way with words. They float off the page and swirl around in the air before drifting down and sinking into my brain. The seductive tone drew me into the troubled and complicated minds of Sam, Grace, Isabel and Cole until I saw what they saw and felt what they felt.

And boy did I feel the connection between Sam and Grace. The strength of their love was demonstrated in every word, every look and every touch which only made the ending even more gut-wrenching. And being the sap that I am, I cried buckets.

I just hope that Sam and Grace get a happy ending in Forever, but after that evil, evil cliffhanger, I just can’t see how.

For my 2010 100+ Reading Challenge

Sophie

10 comments:

  1. You know, I didn't really like Shiver all that much. I thought Sam and Grace's voices sounded far too much alike, and I didn't think Shiver really needed a sequel. That said, I definitely thought Linger was better. Your review captured my thoughts perfectly, and while I could have done without it being a series, the ending of Linger left me wanting more :) Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just reviewed this too, I must admit I was abit uw and ar at first and couldnt get into it until around page 100 that said it ended great....

    Fab review

    ReplyDelete
  3. It took me a while to warm up to Linger, and it never truly grabbed me like Shiver did. I am in total agreement about the evilness of the ending, and I will be anxiously awaiting Forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh Sophie you make it sound so good. I cannot wait to get my hands on this. I so need to buy myself a copy soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still haven't read this yet (soon, I promise!), but as I was telling you last week, I think I'll like it more than Shiver. I'm also a fan of multiple narratives, so fingers crossed.

    I'm glad you loved it, though now I'm scared about the evil cliffhanger!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sad to say that I haven't read it either, and I thought the first one was quite the novel.
    I haven't seen this cover art before, when did they make a different version?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review Sophie! Can't wait to read this when it arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you think your spouse may be cheating, you can contact PHONESPYAPPS1@GMAIL.COM
    He’s a real hacker and was very reliable in helping me spy on my cheating husband’s cell phone remotely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Guys..

    Selling Legit & Verified Spammed Fullz
    Updated Fullz with guarantee results
    USA UK Canada All states Available
    Fresh Spammed & never sold

    Here I'm

    (at)killhacks | 752822040 I>C>Q
    (at)Leadsupplier | (at)killhacks TLGRM
    bigbull0334 (at) onion mail . org E.mail

    CC CVV's with billing address (USA|UK|CANADA)
    SSN DOB DL ADDRESS USA
    SIN DOB ADDRESS MMN CANADA
    NIN DOB ADDRESS SORT CODE UK
    HIGH CREDIT SCORE PROS 700+
    YOUNG AGE FULLZ 2002+
    BUSINESS EIN COMPANY FULLZ USA
    CLONING CARDS DUMPS WITH PIN TRACK 101 & 202
    SBA|PUA|UI|UBEREATS|DOORDASH PROFILES
    TAX RETURN FILLING PROS
    REAL DL|ID FRONG BACK WITH SELFIE USA|UK|CANADA
    REAL PASSPORT PHOTOS
    SPECIFIC INFO AVAILABLE IN BULK (AGE|GENDER|DOB|CITY|ZIP)
    OLD AGE & YOUNG AGE FULLZ AVAILABLE
    DEAD FULLZ
    GLOBAL REAL ID'S FRONT & BACK
    CARDING & LOAN METHODS
    SPAMMING TUTORIALS
    SCRIPTIING METHODS & TUTORIALS
    SCAM PAGES
    SMTP|RDP|C-PANEL|WEB-MAILER
    BULK SMS SENDER|EMAIL SENDER

    Quality stuff available
    Payment upfront (BTC|USDT|ETH|LTC)
    Many other stuff we can provide on demand

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!