Friday 18 November 2016

...And a Happy New Year?, Holly Bourne

Pages: 224
Publisher: Usborne
Release Date: 1st November 2016
Edition: UK hardback, review copy

Other Titles by this Author: Soulmates, The Manifesto on How to Be Interesting, Am I Normal Yet?, How Hard Can Love Be?, What’s a Girl Gotta Do?

Evie, Amber and Lottie are having a New Year party to remember.

For the first time since leaving college, all three girls are back together. It’s time for fun and flirting, snogs and shots.

(And not tears or tantrums or terrible secrets.)

Because everything’s going great for these girls – Spinster Club for ever! Right?

It’s the last hurrah for the Spinster Club and I really am sad to see Evie, Amber and Lottie go, but they went out with a bag. I’d expect nothing less!

Amber’s made a decision that’ll change everything, Evie is struggling with Oli and life at university isn’t what Lottie expected. It’s causing a rift between them and nothing feels like it should do – they got everything they wanted, didn’t they?

One of the many things that Holly Bourne is brilliant at is her ability to show true friendship and wonderful romantic relationships as perfect in their imperfections. People go through rough patches, keep secrets, make mistakes, drift and come back and that’s life. You don’t get to pause on the good days and there isn’t such a thing as a happy ending. And that doesn’t mean that the friendship can’t survive, that the relationship can’t still work.

I loved hearing from all three girls in the same book, though I wasn’t sure about the bits that kept overlapping between them. I have to admit that Lottie really annoyed me in …And a Happy New Year?, though. I found her a little irritating What’s a Girl Gotta Do?, but she was a bit too much in this instalment, though Evie and Amber still have my heart

Spinster Club forever.

Thanks to Usborne for the review copy.

Sophie 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!