Tuesday 22 December 2015

Leap of Faith, Candy Harper

Pages: 266
Publisher: S&S
Release Date: 31st December 2015
Edition: UK paperback, review copy

Other Titles by this Author: Have a Little Faith, Keep the Faith, Perfectly Ella

I haven’t had a very good Easter holiday. It's hard to hop about like a happy bunny when the boy you like has started seeing someone else. And while we’re on the subject, why is it always the wrong boy who ends up confessing his undying love to you? Talk about awkward.

My BFF is being weird and refusing to come on the French Exchange – when she should know that this is exactly when I need her the most. Mrs RamsBOTTOM is trying to sabotage my plans to be prefect, my arch nemesis Icky is still intent on ruining my life and I’m pretty sure exams shoed. I'm going to have to work pretty hard if I want to spend several hours a day lounging about, eating biscuits…

I completely love Faith so I got very excited when a copy of her third adventure, Leap of Faith, dropped through my letterbox and I read it within two days of receiving it.

Within a few pages I was thrown back into the chaos of Faith’s life, her madcap friends and hilarious misadventures and I couldn’t help but think again how much she reminds me of Georgia Nicolson in her earlier diaries. I found myself laughing aloud so many times when I was reading that I started earning very worried looks from my sister and the cat…

There’s not a single character in Leap of Faith that I didn’t love completely. Faith, Megs, Westy, Ethan, Angharad, Lily, Josette – all of ‘em. I loved the focus on friendship, particularly navigating hiccups those friendships. It was all handled realistically with the heart of the characters kept intact. This really extended into Harper’s portrayal of Faith’s family. I love how present and fully-formed they are; they’re not just accessories to Faith, they’re part of the story too.

A huge part of the Leap of Faith was the many ups, downs and near misses with Ethan. They’re just so perfect together that I was on the verge of jumping up and down shouting ‘KISS!’ for most of the novel. They share a sense of humour, approach life with the same sense of trouble and they just have a genuine connection! There were lots of warm fuzzies in this book.

I completely loved Leap of Faith and I really hope there’s more from Faith as I really felt like this was an ending…

Thanks to S&S for the review copy.

Sophie 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!