Thursday 31 December 2015

2015: A Year in Review

Bookish Stats


I read 232 books in 2015:

84 contemps,

41 debuts,

66 UKYA novels,

20 classics,

26 LGBT novels,

13 non-fiction books,

42 new series,

27 fantasy novels,

18 DNFs,

11 graphic novels.

Bookish

I celebrated my sixth blogoversary in January!

Shortlisted for the Best Old Timer award in the UKYA Book Blogger Awards!

I got to go to Eve Ainsworth’s launch for her debut, 7 Days.

I met Gayle Forman at a talk and signing in Foyles.

I went to the first UKYA Blogger Awards ceremony in London and watched my friends win awards!

I attended the Hot Key Books Blogger Brunch and met Laura Dockrill, Lydia Syson, Hayley Long, Julie Mayhew, James Dawson and Jess Valance.

I got to interview Sarah J Maas in person at MCM Comic Con in May!

Went to the Chapter 5 Blogger Event with an appearance from Jodi Picoult and Samantha van Leer.

 I got to go to the launch of Remix by Non Pratt.

I attended the #FFFYA (Friendsships, Family and First Love) event at Bloomsbury with Sarah Crossan and Jenny McLachlan.

I attended the #AskPaperTowns Q&A with John Green, Nat Wolff and Cara Delevigne at the Leicester Square Odeon.

YALC!

The #NewDayNewNormal event at Waterstones Piccadilly with Louise O’Neill, Lisa Williamson and David Levithan.

A panel and signing with Andrew Smith and Michael Grant at Waterstones Piccadilly.

I met Katherine Rundell, Jenny Downham and Annabel Pitcher at Waterstones Piccadilly.

I went to An Evening with Jandy Nelson at Waterstones Piccadilly.

Sarah (Sarah’s Reviews), Daphne (Winged Reviews) and I were lucky enough to have afternoon tea with Julie Kagawa the gorgeous Kettner’s.

#MagicandMayhem with Leigh Bardugo and Katherine Webber at Waterstones Piccadilly.

I was invited to go to Macmillan for the My Kinda Book Book Club/Christmas blogger party with 2016 debut authors Sara Barnard and Harriet Reuter Hapgood.

Personal

I spent two weeks in New York City.

I spent a week in Crete, Greece.

I went to Disneyland Paris/Paris.

I went to some gigs:

The Darling Buds (Jamie Campbell Bower’s band!) at Hoxton Square Bar and Kitchen (Supported by: Hello Operator)

We Are the Ocean at Electric Ballroom (Supported by: Max Raptor and Twin Wild)

Fall Out Boy at Wembley (Supported by: Matt and Kim, Professor Green)

Warped Tour at Alexandra Palace (incl.: Black Veil Brides, Asking Alexandra, Young Guns, Reel Big Fish, Attila, Metro Station, Man Overboard)

Bring Me the Horizon at Alexandra Palace (Supported by: Neck Deep and Pvris)

I saw some shows:

Once at Phoenix Theatre (with Ronan Keating!)

Hedwig and the Angry Inch at the Belasco Theatre on Broadway

How was your 2015?

Sophie 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!